An annual festival held in Upp Town that celebrates a successful harvest with a huge feast and fun activities.
UppFest is a huge harvest event that takes place on Setday, 21st of Feastcall each year. As the name suggests, it is held in the bustling city of Upp Town, and it's a local celebration of a successful harvest and enjoyment of food. The traditions of UppFest start at the crack of dawn and all folk are welcome to participate in the exciting activities it has to offer all through the day and long into the night. There are events and entertainment for all ages, including: market stalls, dance halls, ale tents, and of course all of the usual fun and games you’d expect from a traditional faire! Athletic folks will enjoy the UppFest obstacle course, whilst gaming enthusiasts will enjoy the storyteller’s den. Folks bring all of their crafted wares to UppFest and trade with other creators, and many often put on displays of their skill to inspire and teach others to take up their craft (They’ll even take on apprentices!) There’s also the main event - the food contest! There are a multitude of categories that folks can enter, these are but a few:
- Biggest vegetable & fruit - based on measurement
- Ugliest vegetable & fruit - judged by diverse local panelists
- Heaviest vegetable & fruit - based on weight, not size
- Best cake - based on presentation and taste judged by a diverse panel of local chefs
- Best pie - based on presentation and taste judged by a diverse panel of local chefs
- Upcoming chefs of the year - voted by community
Even though I only had a single bite-sized sample of everything Upp Town has to offer, I didn’t have space for a CRUMB of dessert!