This is one of the great milestones of my life. As for today--I'm making an official declaration to do all in my power to craft WantedHeroWorld into something special. Those who love the books will be able to fall into this environment and lose themselves deeper than ever before.
• Prime GateThere's more on the list than what you see above--and I have also purchased the map creation tool 'Wonderdraft' which will allow me to start making more maps (SO excited)! That's it for now. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!
Official News & Updates from creator Jaime Buckley
Epic Update 5.23.20
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. Oh alright, it's not my birthday until the 27th, but I'm always excited when the month of May comes around! May 27th is WANTED HERO DAY, and for the last 17 years, has been declared a "National Holiday" in my home--no school, no chores, plenty of food, drink, and laughter (feel free to join us, it'll eventually catch on). It's a time to celebrate as we take another major step in progress with this world/story. This year is about creating EXCLUSIVITY. Due to the plans we have, of creating not only books but podcasts, videos, artwork, exclusive merch, and a huge TTRPG aspect of the site, WantedHero.com is both expanding and raising a paywall in four more days. Let me explain:
• All world information will be divided by book. I'm developing the world by making lists of every person, item, place, and event from each published book. That information will be split into specific types--FREE and FISHES (subscriptions). • All items ON the list will remain FREE (by using a code at the back of that specific book), while all the deeper information CONNECTED to that list will go behind the paywall. • Anyone willing to support our efforts by becoming a patron of the site for $3 a month, will get access to everything we make, now and in the future, even after the monthly price goes up to $20/mo, including all future tiers and perks! That includes books, stories, interviews, exclusive artwork, podcasts, videos, choose-your-own-ending adventures, comic books, TTRPG resources, and whatever else we come up with. It's our way of saying 'Thank You' for supporting our efforts to build this world.SECRET: If you want to EARN a LIFETIME Subscription, you can, for a limited time--by signing up to my newsletter. The offer will show up roughly 72 hours after you join the fan list. There are only 200-lifetime subscriptions...so when they're gone, that's it! Happy Birthday to YOU!
HAPPY NEW YEAR-ish. Yeah, okay, it's almost March--AND it's a LEAP year. Good news though--the first list of 55 articles covering Prelude to a Hero is done! What's next? First thing is making the new list to cover Race to Til-Thorin character, places and events...then republishing an updated version of Prelude with links to this site. Which reminds me--I have a special secret for you: We are in the process of creating a single eBook containing ALL the books published so far for Wanted Hero, in chronological order. This book will be offered at a special price--but that's just half of it. If you buy the compilation, you will also get a one year subscription to this website, which activates December 1st, 2020. So you'll get roughly 500K words of fiction addiction to read, and access to at least another 500K on this website. Secrets, lore, artwork, podcasts...and so...much...more. OH--AND WE NOW HAVE A WEBHOOK TO OUR DISCORD SERVER...so maybe consider joining us? So stay tuned and save your pennies. We don't have a price yet, but I'll keep you in the loop on this page...
With the dawn of 2020 next week, I've crafted a strict schedule of development for this site. More time has been allocated to the development of both word and artwork, and as of this moment, I've completed the uploading of a choose-your-own-ending adventure for you to enjoy--as soon as I connect the 200+ links between the articles. It's called "The Gathering of Kings"...and takes place approx. 650 years before Wendell's story begins. As for the development list, here are a few things on the priority list:
• The Pinnacle
• The Key
• Verrdrä (the Dragon Lords)
• Prime Gate
• Clockworks City
• Trench Wars
Planning a world experience is no small task! Here I was, thinking that this would be little more than adding my secret/personal notes to this amazing platform for you to see and that would be that... WRONG! Creating an open world for you to walk through and explore requires such a delicate balance, or I run the threat of exposing spoilers, ruining your future reading experiences of books I haven't even PUBLISHED yet! When I started making a list of what needed to be built to officially launch WantedHeroWorld, I realized that's exactly the path I was walking. Sooooooo, I got my son on a Discord chat and hammered out a new plan. We came up with a strategy that would achieve the original desires, but release information in a steady flow--while making sure what we post isn't premature to what's been published:NOTE: You may notice that there is a great number of subjects listed in the codex (table of contents) of the main page, but lacking content. This was the original 'To Do' list we developed from. We will be leaving those in place and build them as they are connected to a published work.
Published Books Become Priority
WantedHeroWorld will be developed in three ways:
- by books already published;
- by established notes;
- by idea and/or public request
PROJECT #1: PRELUDE TO A HEROList coming soon.
I must dedicate part of this review to the author, Jaime Buckley. This guy is a genius. The effort and heart he has obviously put into his work, the characters and this world is mind-blowing. I cannot wait to be pulled into this fantastic world again.My heart just about stopped. Someone other than my family and friends liked the stories falling like waves from my mind! From that very moment I wanted to make sure every snippet and story added to the main storyline would maintain that perspective and cherished opinion. For the last nine years I've tried to be relentless in building upon that first book, Prelude to a Hero which turned into a connective storyline bigger than my readers could imagine. To date, there are 10 books in 3 series, a slew of short stories, four games based on the books, including an Amazon card game sensation called GO Smiley! But this is just the beginning... There are plans for so much more, which includes artwork, games, dozens of novels, and podcasts--all in the works as I wrote this. Here's a small taste: