18. Newyear 721 - An Evening outside the city - Bron & Tatjana | Farm Ward in Creation Discussion Boards | World Anvil

You are not logged in!
Login Link

Just a reminder you are not following this thread.
Tue, Nov 16th 2021 11:00   Edited on Fri, Nov 19th 2021 12:43

18. Newyear 721 - An Evening outside the city - Bron & Tatjana

It was a cold evening. The sky was overcast, promising snow or rain. Tatyana had seen nothing like it, and only knew such phenomena from the stories in town. More and more, her thought solidified that this city must be some kind of paradise. They had so much water that it could even fall from the sky! And they had temperatures where several layers of dense fabrics were necessary for mortals! Every night when the Daeva awoke, she just had to look out the window to reassure herself that it was real. That she was really here.

This evening was no different. There were strange, bright dots falling from the sky. Was this the snow everyone was talking about? Her eyes lit up, and she turned to Marcus. “Look, it’s snowing!” He laughed, reminding her she needed to dress warmer accordingly. She nodded and dressed in the clothes she had bought, especially for such weather.

Soft black leather trousers and matching boots lined with white rabbit fur. She liked this fur. A woollen shirt, an under-bust corset and a woollen coat, trimmed with fur, accompanied this. After she had slipped into the gloves and Marcus had put the scarf around her neck, she kissed her husband tenderly before she went on her way.

On her way out, she used her blood to redden her cheeks slightly and force the blood into a kind of circulation. Her heart - otherwise as still as a cold winter night - beat again.

On her way into the Farm Ward, she smiled kindly at the guards at the gate and on the wall. “Careful, my lady, the ground there is slippery!” one guard called out to her. “Thank you very much!” she called back and carefully circled the dangerous spot. When she arrived at the Bloody Boots Inn, she enjoyed the warmth on her skin as she looked around and greeted the Gangrel present with a friendly nod.

She asked one of the Gangrel present if Bron was already there, then sat down on a bench and watched the mortals and the Gangrel here carefully.

Tue, Nov 16th 2021 11:14

Bron was running late. He had to make sure he left a winner in a game of luck with his City Guard Co Workers. He always wanted them looking up to him. As he headed to the inn, He stepped into the shadows for a minute to be sure he wasn't being followed. He wished he could do it like Malik. When he arrived at the City Gate, He tipped the guards. Soon he was at the Inn that Tatjana had chosen. She was already there looking beautiful as always. Bron smiled. Of course she was always deadly too but not many knew that because they were dead by her mighty powers. "Greetings my lady! What are you having?"

“Good evening, Bron!” She gave the Gangrel a friendly smile, and gestured invitingly to the empty seats at her table. “I think I’ll try this... what do they call it... Ale?” When one guest looked over at her curiously because of her accent, she smiled brightly at him.

“My parents would never have allowed me to do that. Does it taste good?” she asked, addressing both Bron and the guest. And with a single sentence, a single question, she explained all the oddities. Clearly, her parents had raised her very sheltered, and she did not yet know the local customs. Perhaps her parents had died recently, and she was free for the first time. There were stories that some fathers hid their daughters.

A slight wink in Bron’s direction, then she continued the trivial conversation. “I hope you had a pleasant shift, my friend?”

Tue, Nov 16th 2021 11:45

Bron smiled. "It was a good shift. I had to knock out a few drunks." Bron's eyes went reflective. "I never knew my parents. I was raised by the skill of my blades." So tell me what are tonight's plans?" Bron lowered his voice " I am free till Sunrise...."
Is your follow thread button yellow right now?

Tue, Nov 16th 2021 11:46
Tue, Nov 16th 2021 11:57   Edited on Tue, Nov 16th 2021 11:59

Tatjana nodded thoughtfully before giving the expected answer. An answer that would quickly extinguish the interest of those sitting around her. “I hope they have not hurt you?” So feminine. So human. As if there could be anything here that could stop - or even kill - a Gangrel if he wasn’t discovered.

“I’ll have plenty of time for you tonight,” she replied, adding, “Do you have any feedback for the competition?” More quietly, she added, “We should consider arranging an open competition for the humans. That will help us assess their abilities. We could offer prizes. Try to get sponsors in the city for it. Let’s make ourselves a little... popular among them.”

"To be honest, I had been thinking more about security and my victory speech if I participate" Bron winked at Tatjana. "I love your idea for humans participation." " But, Do we have enough time to prepare for this new wonderful idea?..."

She laughed. “Usually I would say you have to defeat me, to hold that speech, but I guess you will!”

For his question, she shook her head. “Not for our planned training. We will make another event out of this. It will take time. Maybe a week or two before their spring begins?” She took a sip of the ale and expressed, a little louder, “Bitter. I didn’t expect that.”

“Asher expressed his wish to take part. That is awesome. I have a list of blacksmiths. They sell pre-made weapons, that will be suitable for training.” Of course they would not be suitable for actual fighting, but she didn’t expect all Kindred present being trained in combat.

Wed, Nov 17th 2021 08:35

The proprietor of the Bloody Boots making his rounds nods at Bron and smiles at the lovely Tatjana.
Wed, Nov 17th 2021 09:10

Mon, Oct 25th 2021 10:41   Edited on Mon, Oct 25th 2021 10:49

Tidbits

01/07/721   ...and the Fire Priest turned into a creature of horror and tried to devour those good guards ...   ...no no no it was a fire temple test, remember they did the same thing thing last year ...   ... it was a hit paid for the blood assassins and they were disguised as guards ...

Go to Thread

The pretty black-haired woman gave the host a charming smile, then turned back to Bron. “I think the orders should not take long. It will be more difficult to find out who is good with weapons,” she whispered softly. To the mortals it was only a movement of the lips - but to the heightened senses of the Gangrel, it was easy to understand.

“For those who believe that this is not the way to get ahead, or that you ‘just don’t do it’, perhaps I will show them something of my way of fighting.”

Of course. I study all forms of Combat. One day I will train under you!! I will let you take the lead. I will make suggestions if need be.

Tatjana smiled again. “I think we will have our training opportunities. For this evening, it will be more important that the others will get their opportunities. Hopefully, some of them have some sort of experience in this. Did you already make sure that we have… no problems with the guards?” She still spoke with a slightly lowered voice, while sipping her Ale.

"We won't have a problem with the guards" Bron takes a drink and whispers "Anything else need our attention tonight or are we good"?
"No, we are good, I think. So we can just enjoy the evening" she replied and leaned back.