Alignment Polar Opposites | Alignments need to Die in Aviron Discussion Boards | World Anvil
Sun, Feb 27th 2022 03:14   Edited on Sun, Feb 27th 2022 10:39

Alignment Polar Opposites

What systems have polar opposites for alignment/morality systems.
For example ...

Dungeons & Dragons
Alignment 9 Grid

vs.

Chronicles of Darkness
Virtue & Vice

Sun, Feb 27th 2022 06:10

Honestly opposites don't allow for much ambiguity.
Sun, Feb 27th 2022 07:00

Agreed and maybe that was a poor name for this thread on my part. Systems that are drastically different. For example in Chronicles of Darkness killing is a breaking point at various degrees and you have to roll or you Integrity erodes and dismisses. So the CoD is not a straight jacket of actions but there are consequences. Having said that I have little trouble with the D&D nine axis because I give players challenges relating to their background, race, culture, Class and alignment is a loose guide. I was glad to see the approach of earlier D&D systems die off. Detect evil is very vague, even now in its current form based on creatures types its better but can be a roadblock.
Sun, Feb 27th 2022 10:39

Real life stands between the darkness and the light.   My players started a war from the consequences of their actions. They did not get any facts on the affairs they were meddling in. What a mess they caused in my little sandbox.