My WorldEmber Pledge 2022
~Runnin' out on the Edge, Makin' a WorldEmber Pledge~
WorldEmber is my second favorite event at WorldAnvil. It's a month that sets aside time just for growing the worlds around the stories and characters I write about, where I can give myself permission to dig a little deeper into the hows and whys and wheres along the way. No prompts, just 10,000 words of exploration, history, and LIFE! My plan this year is to spend my minimum 10k on a handful of key articles that will further establish some rules among the stars. (And ways that said rules are broken, because yes.) Those articles will hopefully be shorter--but we all know how that goes. XD My "stretch goal" to 20k I would like to delve into the ways of the Net, the interconnected datastream and virtual/augmented reality platform used by nearly all of the Centralvest Zone and many others in the Galaxy at large. That may be one article with a heckalot of subheadings or individual articles.......I'm not sure, so we'll see where the creativity takes it! The ones I don't get to are on the list for 2023 otherwise.
- Slangs and Swears in Luridity
- Galactic Security
- Bounty Hunters
- Earning Money in Luridity
- Spending Money in Luridity
- The Elite
- Indulgent Caste
- The Artistocracy
Plans and Goals
- If you have more than one world setting, which one is the most important to you right now? Why?
- Which area of that world setting will allow you to achieve your goals (Continuing your novel/campaign, or starting a new one?). Centralvest Zone is the core cyberpunk area. (It's the cyberpunkiest!) Though cultures and technologies can be vastly different, much of the Galaxy takes its cue from here for governance, security, industrial contracting, tourism, and trade.
- How will it help you achieve those goals?
Luridity Galaxy is where all of my future short stories and novels take place, and my plan is to grow these tales and the space around them, polish things all shiny, and release adventures more consistently beginning in 2023.
Growing the Centralvest area of Luridityspace will give me more places, people, and happenings to set more short stories in for 2023! It will also establish some universal laws and more of everyday life.