What is The Wayfarer Series? | The Wayfarer Series in Ma'rune Discussion Boards | World Anvil
Sat, Oct 16th 2021 01:27

What is The Wayfarer Series?

Ma'rune has never known peace.

Alliances are precarious. Kingdom borders are ever changing. Good men and women die everyday to give others a chance at a life without fighting.

You know this, have lived with this knowledge for the entirety of your life. But the winds are changing. There is a storm brewing on the horizon and you will be forced to face it - whether you wish to or not.

This series a piece of interactive fiction utilising the ChoiceScript language. Set in the world of Ma'rune, the MC is forced to leave their home as conflict in the kingdom of Yondar grows. On their adventures they will meet long lasting allies and face off against powerful foes, with the potential for a little bit of romance in between, until they are eventually thrust into the heart of the rebellion.

Key features:

• A customisable MC with a choice of gender, sexual orientation, background and class. Throughout the story, your actions and conversational choices will develop your MC's personality
  • The ability to set the gender of Yondar’s heir - your old best friend and potential future ally, depending on how your MC develops
  • 6 planned romance options (3 male and 3 female, all of whom are romanceable by male and female MCs) and some minor romances (these won’t be as detailed as the planned romance options and will be locked to certain MCs)
  • Story focused - I'm here to tell you all a story and get you immersed in the world! There won't be any MC death scenes that force you to start from the beginning and failing stat checks won't lock you out of story progression, it'll just take you down a different path. In the end, the story will come first
  • NPCs and a world that reacts to what you say / do. It's a choose your own adventure novel, so your choices throughout the story should (and will!) matter

Where can I read it?

Unfortunately, I don’t have a demo of the Wayfarer out at the moment. I’m waiting until I get the prologue and chapter 1 completed before I release a demo to the general public. Until then, you’ll be able to follow my progress over on the announcements board!