Moldése (literally “red speak”) is the predominant language of the Kíndalla . This language is so identified with kíndallans that bigoted Earthlings in the Earth-668 iteration of reality took to calling kíndallans “Moldese” (deliberately mispronouncing the second syllable in the word as ‘eese’ instead of ‘ace,’ in an attempt to add insult to injury).
Of course, kíndallans have their share of insults for Earthlings and other human beings as well—the curse kíndaltíkné a favorite among them. Meaning literally “child of stone,” it’s one of several jabs kíndallans regularly take at species not blessed with their own ability to shape-shift.
Not that they reserve their insults only for others, either.
Their most infamous curse is one they use mostly amongst themselves. In a society where children are often the product of far more than the two parents minimum needed for a kíndopp (“child-sculpt”), to be called a kíndalnahn (“child of none”)—or to call oneself that in an argument with a parent—is the ultimate blasphemy.
|Stop||p, b||t, d||k, g|
- Adjective → adverb = T.B.D.
- Adjective → noun (the quality of being X) = T.B.D.
- Adjective → verb (to make something X) = T.B.D.
- Noun → adjective (having the quality of X) = add suffix -dal
- Noun → adjective relating to noun (e.g. economy → economic) = T.B.D.
- Noun to verb = T.B.D.
- Verb → adjective (result of doing X) = T.B.D.
- Verb → noun (the act of X) = T.B.D.
- Verb → noun that verb produces (e.g. know → knowledge) = T.B.D.
- Verb → noun used to accomplish X = add suffix -fít
- One who Xs (e.g. paint → painter) = add suffix -kín
- Place where the verb is enacted = add suffix -fíg
- Place where things are = add suffix -ké
- The stuff something is made of = add suffix -né
- The smallest unit of X = add suffix -moog
- Diminutive = add prefix s-
- Augmentative = add prefix rí-
- To form the ordinal number from the cardinal number, add the suffix -p
Verbs in the present tense are unmarked. In the past tense, they are marked with the suffix -da. In the future tense, they are marked with the suffix -ah. The present participle/gerund is formed by adding the suffix -ta.
The main word order in Moldése is subject-verb-object. Adjectives, adpositions, and articles come before the noun. Possessors come before possessees.
While the singular form of nouns is unmarked, the plural form is marked by the suffix -bí.
Possession is marked with the suffix -eb.