New Player Guide
A Star Wars Shared Universe Game using Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars Roleplaying System
Tales from Nigita is a shared universe, cooperative play campaign using the Fantasy Flight Games version of the Star Wars RPG (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, & Force and Destiny). The campaign begins in 35 ABY, shortly after the events depicted in Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker.
Your characters are a group of mercenaries, scholars, entrepreneurs, prophets, or adventurers who have arrived at the central city known as The Hub on the planet Nigita. The Hub is a fully built city abandoned by the Final Order before they moved to Exogal. The fall of the Empire/First Order/Final Order has seen the BoSS (Bureau of Ships and Systems) restriction on the planet lifted and many citizens throughout the galaxy have arrived in order to seek their fortune among what Palpatine’s followers left behind on the mysterious planet.
Character Creation Rules
When coming up with a concept for your character, your guiding principle should be: If you cannot see them having a recurring role as a protagonist in The Mandalorian, it might not be a good choice for this campaign. Characters should be heroic in nature.
First and foremost, we expect our players and GMs to have a copy of the Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG Core Books, of which the Force & Destiny book is the most up-to-date. We also expect you to own the sourcebooks you use for your character. Although we have quick reference guides available to help with most-often-used rules, supporting the authors & publishers is essential to the game's continuation.
Players should steer away from concepts that are likely to cause inter-party conflict (dark side characters, First Order/Imperial Remnant characters, silly/non-thematic concepts, etc.)
Session rewards consist of credits (900-1100Cr usually 10XP per session (to a maximum of 50XP/month and Duty towards a selected faction. Contacts, equipment and other rewards are also sometimes given out, but any salvage/gathered gear/vehicles from defeated enemies are expected to be delivered to the mission’s originator unless the GM specifies otherwise.
Player & GM Resources
We have created a number of essential resources for playing and running in the campaign, copies of which can all be found in our Star Wars Tales from Nigita Resources Google Drive folder:
- Buying & Selling Guide: How to buy & sell gear with credits
- Duty and Rank Guide: How to spend Duty and Rank Rewards
- Character Adventure Tracking: A form-fillable PDF to track the adventures you've played in & rewards
- Character Base Tracking: A form-fillable PDF to build & track bases for characters or groups
There are four major factions that the PCs will be working for and earning Duty ranks from:
- Republic Remnant (inc. the Vigil (medical & refugee services), Fuel Rats (red cross/AAA)
- Independents (Corporate Sector, independent worlds & organizations) (inc. Onderon Protectorate)
- Scum & Villany (Hutt Cartels, Crimson Dawn, etc.) (inc. Illip Kajidic, a Hutt-run technology think tank)
- Harmonium Council (Force Sensitives)
Each time you reach 100 Duty with a faction, you may be rewarded depending on the faction involved and the GM’s review of your request. See the Duty Guide for more information.
We use the following house rules in the game (and reserve the right to add others if they become relevant):
- Cover may increase defense, but only to a maximum of 4.
- No autofire on 1 advantage.
- Free advantages and successes from any source only happen if you succeed on the rolled check.
- Characters can benefit from no more than 1 instance of Skilled assistance and 1 instance of Unskilled assistance.
- Precision Strike may not be used to choose the same critical result more than once in an encounter.
Note: These numbers do not reflect the 50xp bonus gained from not having a lightsaber.
|Month||XP Start||XP End|
Sample Character XP
Characters are created with
- 45 earned XP.
- 5 additional XP (for a total of 50) if they submit a background of at least 3 paragraphs but no more than one page in length to:
- 50 XP per month on the first of each month following January 2020. (See XP Tables.)
- Characters may choose between starting with a standard lightsaber or a one time boost of 50xp.
- One free additional specialization.
- A datapad, comlink, and 5000 (1 months worth of standard play) credits to work with a GM to purchase armor, weapons, and additional items of rarity 5 or less.
- Force sensitive characters must choose an Emotional Strength/Weakness. These do not provide XP or credits.