Zuerst are half-orc half-elves with an elemental affinity for fire born to a Gehen Volki mother. Zuerst have an affinity for fire because the souls whom incarnate into Zuerst bodies must go through the trials reshapes the Soul to carry the passion and fury embodying the flames of Heftig Tuefel's Hell. Zuerst remember bits of their previous past life as a Fünft or God-Tainted Osen-no-hito before they died and were burned or consumed by and transformed into the flames of Heftig Tuefel's Hell before incarnating into their current life. Zuerst also remember bits of their past life before that as a Vierte or God-Tainted Mizu-no-min before they died and their souls were slurped into the thirsty roots and transformed into the woody sharp thorn riddled branches of Sammlung Tuefel's Hell before incarnating into that previous life. These memories normally start to emerge when a Zuerst reaches physical maturity around the age of 15. With a Gehen Volki upbringing teaching freedom, harmony through respectful conflict, and reverence towards natural cycles the introduction of memories of Jundo-no-min oppressive societal norms and the complete contempt Jundo-no-min Culture treats the world and those of lesser status around them as exploitable expendable dross creates strong feelings in Gehen Volki with past lives as Jundo-no-min God-Tainted.
- Ability Modifiers Chr +2 Dex +1
- Type Humanoid
- Tag(s) Elf, Orc
- Relentless Endurance When you are reduced to 0 Hit Points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
- Fey Ancestry You have advantage on saving throws against being Charmed and magic can’t put you to sleep.
- Darkvision 60' You can see in Dim Light within 60 feet of you as if it were Bright Light, and in darkness as if it were Dim Light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Past Life Skills You have a Skill Proficiency from remembering pieces from your most recent past life, and another Skill Proficiency from remembering pieces from the past life before that.
- There's Always Next Life You have advantage on saving throws against being Frightened.
- Savage Attacks When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
- Mixed Heritage Counts as both an Elf or Orc for effects that are activated by race or target race.
- Extra Movement Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Anatomy & Morphology
Red-skinned half-orc half-elves with an elemental affinity for fire. Orcish and elven blood mixes with the Zuerst, who typically stand several inches taller than most humans with lean, powerfully wiry muscle, their broad but bony shoulders act as precision pivoting points for their arms. Their legs are set with equal leverage of a strange hair-sprung quickness to their arms. When moving quickly their motion is a poem to efficiency, but this same trait causes seems slightly exaggerated gait when moving more casually. They typically have dull red skin, coarse hair all the color of flames, high brows, wide almond-shaped eyes that match the hue of their hair, sharply pointed ears, low-bridged broad noses and protruding, tusk-like teeth.
Naturally quick and fierce, Zuerst are frequent skirmishers and archers in Gehen Volki armies. They also do well in raiding and thieving. Of the Gehen Volki they are the least comfortable in the wilderness and most likely to choose traveling into to urban areas of other cultures. They also are the least likely be Shamans or Witches but are more likely than most be Warlock. Zuerst are more likely to be a warrior than a commoner.
Civilization and Culture
Interspecies Relations and Assumptions
Zuerst are members of the Gehen Volki Culture. Due to remembering previous both the incarnation as the race whose elemental affinity proceeds their current life, and also the incarnation as the race whose elemental affinity proceeded that life, in addition to there is a significant chance they have parents, siblings, or children whom are not Zuerst, racial condemnation against other Gehen Volki races seems ridiculous to this race.