O Captain! My Captain!
Dorri Sonaday (a.k.a. Fishing Queen)
Dorri Sonaday, the famous Mermaid Captain, sails the north seas, bringing in large catches of fish for the fish trade at North City. She is famous for how well she captains the Human's vessels.
- Any whales who may ant to disrupt their sea vessel, she calls upon the waves to destroy the whale. And then take its usable parts as spoils and food for the trip.
- She always finds fish, really good quality fish at that. Any crew member is sure to be able to feed their family well for a time as she brings in a large proportion of $/trade to the seaport in North City.
- She's also good at selling their catch. (Note: intimidating)
- She dresses well.
- She's good at reading the weather. If they ever do get caught in a storm, she can navigate well and keep the ship afloat/upright.
- She even brings in business with Mermaids.
- She has a pet turtle that she sometimes takes on her adventures.
- Drugging the Captain the night before the ship was to leave and stealing his ship/crew when they were due to head out.
- Winning the ship and crew in a gambling match.
- Seducing the Captain to 'let her have a go at captaincy'.
- Killing the Captain.
- Dragging the Captain off of their vessel whilst in the middle of the ocean. Some have survived, some have not.
- Locking the Captain in a cabin.
Mermaid magic of the ocean.