Southern Elone Treaty Organization
SETO for short, the Southern Elone Treaty Organization is a group dedicated to halting the progress of the World Court in their quest to, seemingly, take over the world.And so the villages united. Bortan, Tamd, and Ealla. A historical alliance, but hardly enough to make any actual change or headway. Symbollic, like its leader, but little else.
The Great Draconian AllianceThe Southern Elone Treaty Organization was founded as a result of the Chief Crisis, where the Draconian Villages were led into a war with each other and the Grand Wizard in hopes of the Chiefs of the winning village becoming Grand Wizard themselves. All but one Chief, Otikul Nurdesh of Dembar, died in the conflict and were replaced by their successors, their adoptive children or apprentices.
FoundingThe new Chief of Bortan and adoptive son of the war's catalyst Ikkul Ravofarn, Nalrik Tilrak called all of the new Chiefs (and the one remaining Chief together to meet up in his home village of Bortan. Four influential figures gathered in Bortan to meet Nalrik. Higar Vixik and Vardid Liloryas, Chiefs of Tamd and Ealla respectively, were glad to meet with Nalrik. Otikul Nurdesh was less enthused, and the Elven representative of Yirthum, Commander Farcorin, had an outburst and left the meeting almost immediately. Nalrik Tilrak proposed an alliance between the villages, to prevent another Chief Crisis and protect Draconian territory against the growing threat of the World Court. Otikul Nurdesh, believing Dembar's power to be enough to handle things alone and disapproving of the young leader's approach, declined the offer. It did not help that the meeting was interrupted by Nalrik's adoptive brothers, who were living in the Bortan orphanage. Cracul Daxur, Narjeth Yelrath, Vammic Nimphonker, Laltel Bavul, and Donxosir Padorim. They wished to lighten the mood of this tense meeting, but only made Otikul and Farcorin more disdainful towards Bortan.
An Unprecedented AllianceThis left Nalrik with the Chiefs of Tamd and Ealla, Higar Vixik and Vardid Liloryas. These were childhood friends of his, all people who had grown up following in the footsteps of their adoptive parents, their predecessor Chiefs. They shared the trauma of bearing the sins of their parents, who had caused and propagated a great war to gain potential power. In a most unprecedented way, for the first time in history, the forces of Ealla and Tamd united. These were two villages with a history of horrible animosity, with wars being waged throughout Draconian history between the two. In recency it had boiled down to a more petty rivalry, yet still a joint force of the two for more than a short period of time was historic. Some say this was thanks to the diplomacy of Nalrik Tilrak, calling him a great leader for it. Others attribute it to the friendship the three shared, or their shared pasts. The other possibility is that it was an alliance borne purely from necessity. Whatever the reason, the event in and of itself, of Alchemists and Bards uniting under one banner, would go down in the history books. A quote from Vardid Liloryas speaks to her thoughts on the matter, as both her father and Higar's father had teamed up to try and kill the Grand Wizard on the final day of the Chief Crisis, which resulted in their deaths and the end of the war.
The villages could not, however, unify under either Tamd or Ealla. Putting one above the other would cause far too much unrest. Despite this, Nalrik Tilrak still did not want to lead. He wanted all of the members of SETO to be equal. So he would not exactly lead, but would instead be a figurehead. A symbolic leader, if not a literal one. Someone to unite the forces of Southern Elone under a banner of peace, when before Bortan had torn it apart with war.
“They teamed up in their last moments to kill a guy. If they’d punish us for teaming to save people… then they can torture me in the greatest damn pits of Hell for allying with Tamd.”
Call to ActionThe Southern Elone Treaty Organization would face its first threat on the same day it was founded. This threat came in the form of Coldrid Saxan, the Chief of Evity, who had not shown up to the meeting in Bortan that he was invited to. Coldrid was also an adoptive child of Ikkul Ravofarn, but he had experienced much worse conditions than Nalrik. Due to this, he wished to shoulder the burden of protecting Southern Elone himself. Evity Skeletons flooded the streets of Bortan, chanting out in Coldrid's voice:
“The Villages cannot ally. Evity shall carry the burden.”It was then that Nalrik and his compatriots realized that the children, Cracul Daxur and his brothers, were missing. Taken by none other than Coldrid. Vardid, seeing this, called the Chiefs into action. She said that even if their alliance wasn't that big, they still had the three of them. And they would show Coldrid what it meant to be a Chief. They beat back the skeletons, but there was no sign of Coldrid or all of the children. Well, all but one. As Narjeth Yelrath, the runt of the litter, had used his Earth Magic to hide under the ground. He was taken in by the members of SETO to protect, where they found someone waiting for them.
FormalitiesPhund Monet was a prolific drug trader who also worked with the Army of the Revolution, which was led by Nalrik's real father, Fepar Tilrak. Fepar had sent Phund to meet with Nalrik now to help him out in creating this new organization. Phund came to them with a simple goal. Get the basics of SETO set in stone and get them set up with more members. His first order of business was to give them a name. Vardid, wanting to come up with it, came up with "The Chief Dudes." This was shot down, as not only were she and some other members not dudes, but most of their hopeful members were not Chiefs either. Higar then suggested the Arux Alliance, as they would be uniting the territory of Arux Draconians, an ethnicity that was only found in their villages. Phund hated this name as, again, they were not all Arux Draconians. Finally, Nalrik came up with the name they decided on. The Southern Elone Treaty Organization.
RecruitmentPhund gave them a list of potential members to recruit, and Higar suggested Phund go to Tamd to wait for them with Narjeth in tow. Coldrid would be unable to reach them there. As Phund was leaving, he and the Chiefs found Grolcurth Hellglory, one of the Professors at the Magic College. Specifically, he was Nalrik and Higar's Professor. He did not wish to fight, as he had trauma that made him believe he would kill anyone he touched. He only agreed to help them if he would only fight the creations of Evity's necromancy. If it wasn't alive, he would fight it. And so Grolcurth, Phund, and Narjeth went to Tamd as Nalrik, Higar, and Vardid went off to recruit new members to SETO. They would get the children back, and they would convince the other villages to join their alliance. For the good of the people.
MembersSETO consists of members of all backgrounds and allegiances. Below are the major forces who held a place in SETO during its height, the Dwarven and Elven Civil Wars, prior to the Coup of Zephys, as well as the notable figures involved in the organization.
- Bortan- The Draconians village known for producing strong warriors, Bortan is at the forefront of SETO, being the village that assembled everyone in the first place.
- Nalrik Tilrak- Chief of Bortan and figurehead of SETO.
- Cracul Daxur- Son of former Chief of Bortan, Ikkul Ravofarn.
- Narjeth Yelrath- Adopted brother of Cracul Daxur.
- Vammic Nimphonker- Son of former Chief of Tamd, Ilxar Nimphonker.
- Laltel Bavul- Son of former Chief of Yirthum, Kicad Bavul.
- Donxosir Padorim- Son of former Chief of Ealla, Tarthekar Padorim.
- Dareak Therkira- Colonel of Bortan, a stoic warrior.
- Coxinjarn Dodaar- A top General for Bortan, silly and not very bright.
- Tamd- The Alchemist Village of Draconians, Tamd has been the site of SETO's headquarters as it is isolated from the rest of the world.
- Higar Vixik- Chief of Tamd, also identified by the Draconian Nickname the Professor.
- Vaphak Uphal- The most influential alchemist in Tamd.
- Fulros Fradarim- A student at the Magic College who aspires to be a top alchemist.
- Ealla- The Bardic Village of Draconians, Ealla was in disrepair after the Chief Crisis and relies on SETO for aid.
- Vardid Liloryas- The Chief of Ealla, also known as the Ice Queen.
- Luciandrid Zrarakas- The leader of the Bard Group known as the Chamber.
- Dranketh Wulfras- The leader of the Bard Group known as the Orchestra, he is also called the Conductor.
- Sirlini Glirdog- Former Chief of Ealla, Sirlini is believed dead. She goes by the title the Comedian.
- Yirthum- The Draconian Village of Enchanters, Yirthum's Chief has been unable to meet with the others to say yay or nay to SETO, but they swear their allegiance to the Elves, who have joined in the Chief's place.
- Jargar Eltan- The Chief of Yirthum and Champion of Nobility.
- Farcorin- Acting Commander of Yirthum, representative of the Army.
- Dripnoral Thampoc- The greatest known living Enchanter.
- Fleat Pteethtack- The Pretender King of the Elves.
- Zephys- The Capital City of Draconians, Zephys is mostly represented by students and faculty of the Magic College.
- Orlayas Ojeux- The current candidate to succeed the Grand Wizard.
- Grolcurth Hellglory- A pacifist professor at the Magic College who wields Poison magic.
- Kamil Gilrel- An Elven noble with a kind heart.
- Rebun Colad- A former child soldier with trauma that keeps him off of the battlefield.
- Dembar- The Village of Druids and Beastmasters, Dembar was reluctant to join SETO, but came in to save the day during their battle against Evity.
- Evity- The Village of Forbidden Magics like Necromancy and Puppetry, Evity resisted joining SETO until they met in battle and were convinced of SETO's strength.
- Coldrid Saxan- Chief of Evity.
- Deltesh- A Lizardfolk with unbreakable skin.
- Cleaver- A Korvian with the worst luck in the world.
- Laughter- A Devil who can absorb any magic energy.
- Bupo Sickfoot- A Goblin with an Area Devil Ability.
- Celtra Gwam- A trickster Gnome who loves playing pranks.
- Aurrin- A Nephilim healer who only heals women.
- Army of the Revolution- A group of revolutionaries who oppose the World Court, the Army of the Revolution is not officially part of SETO, but they support it from the shadows.
- Phund Monet- A Goblin Drug Lord with hordes of money and connections.
- Shatlita Gunn- A legendary Oricsh warrior who had settled down to become a mother.
- Shatt Gunn- The Head of the Army of the Revolution and adopted son of Fepar Tilrak.
- Fepar Tilrak- Former Chief of Bortan and founder of the Army of the Revolution.
Chief Executive Organizer
6th of the Month of Sorrow, 547