Ikkul Ravofarn was the Draconian Village Chief of Bortan, and one of the strongest mages of his generation.
HistoryIkkul was born to Licikuth and Istin Ravofarn in the Draconian Village of Bortan, while Bortan was still under the reign of Chief Clurjul Cayries. From an early age, Ikkul was trained to fight. On his third birthday, his parents gave him a spear, which the young Ikkul named Dawnbreaker. His parents trained him for some time, teaching him how to use this spear. They only treated Ikkul well when he showed promise with his combat skill, so he always worked his absolute hardest to be the best figher he could be.
Fepar TilrakAt age six, Ikkul's parents insisted that the new Chief, Fepar Tilrak, take him in. Ikkul was strong, but they knew there was nothing they could do for him anymore. They had extended far beyond their range. Fepar hesitantly agreed, unsure if he was fit to really raise a child. He had just married his wife, Ildid Tilrak, but they were unsure about children still. Ildid wanted one, but Fepar didn't think he could handle one. When he first got Ikkul, he brought him to train. After all, that was what Fepar was told he would be doing. As they trained, he found that Ikkul was quite strong but was also fairly clumsy. He had little skill, seemingly only being trained to be strong. So Fepar did not fight against him, instead using their first training session to demonstrate on a target dummy, then having Ikkul try it. After this training session, Fepar went to leave, saying he was going to ready dinner and they could eat it together. But Ikkul collapsed into his arms, crying. Fepar then heard the young Ikkul say,
"I didn't... I didn't know. I didn't know parents could care for their children like that. You didn't beat me just for training, you... you were actually nice. Why... why did my parents abandon me?"Fepar raised Ikkul with care after that. He didn't push him in training, but as Ikkul got older, they did begin sparring a bit. Ikkul considered Fepar a father to him.
Joining the Magic CollegeIkkul joined the Magic College in the year 516, heading off to Zephys with Fepar's blessing, where he joined the Class of 520. He almost didn't make it, as he had woken up late to get there. But with his strength, they were unable to turn him away. There, he was already above most of the other students. There were only a few who stood even to Ikkul, those being then Chief of Ilder Otikul Nurdesh, a Korvian warrior named Gazer, and Marnis an aspiring Captain of the Guard.
ConnectionsIkkul spent most of his first year with no friends. He did not exactly want them, as he was busy training. However, at around the halfway through their first year, the Wood Elf Ilifaren reached out to him for an offer that Ikkul couldn't refuse. Ikkul had seen Ilifaren before. She was often someone who participated in border skirmishes, which Bortan had often with the Wood Elves. Still, Ilifaren said she had no intention of fighting against Ikkul, and asked if the two of them could come to an agreement. She knew he wanted to be Chief of Bortan, and he knew she wanted to lead the Wood Elves. If they worked together for peace between them, then they could focus on greater threats to their people. Ikkul agreed and, in a way, made his first friend. However, it was not Ilifaren who he would have to spar against every year, as the Professors assigned them a sparring partner who they would stay with all four years. For Ikkul, this was the Nephilim named Aaldir. Aaldir would always show that he could take Ikkul, but he refused to beat him. He wanted people to think that he was weak, so he always ensured that he would end up placed fairly low in the class ranking. Not the lowest, that was always Wileon Nimblemane. He entrusted Ikkul with his secret. Ikkul did however find an actual friend eventually, the Yirthum Enchanter named Kicad Bavul. Kicad looked up to Ikkul as what he wanted to be, and therefore followed Ikkul around wherever he could. He would act cool in front of Ikkul, being a bit of a bully. Ikkul found him a bit annoying, but let him tag along. He liked having people to help him out.
The Forest FireIkkul was called by Ilifaren one day to help her. She said that the Elven Forest, where the Wood Elves lived, was being attacked by Dwarves. It had been lit on fire, and she didn't know any water mages. Therefore, Ikkul was her best bet as a Fire Mage. Earth mage who didn't want the forest to burn, so he said he would help regrow anything that burnt down. Kicad was just there to watch. As the three of them got there, Ikkul began to put out the fire while Timar tried to regrow the trees. Meanwhile, Kicad got separated from the group. The next thing they knew, lightning had struck in the forest. There was no proof it was him, but Ikkul knew that Kicad used Lightning Magic. Timar reminded Ikkul that Kicad was from the Village Yirthum, which was under the command of the High Elves. Odds are, the High Elves did not want to see the Elven Forest restored. Ikkul told Timar to keep regrowing the forest. He had put out the fires in the first area, where Ilifaren had called them to. He could have stopped there, but before he rushed to Kicad he said,
"I have another fire to put out."
Class of 520Ikkul Ravofarn was a student in the Magic College Class of 520, a class called "The Monster Year" because of how many powerful people were in that class. Ikkul was not only powerful, but he even managed to stand atop that class as its valedictorian.
Active MembersSome members of Ikkul's class are still alive. After some time, some of them did die, but there are still a fair amount alive. Here are the living members of the Class of 520.
- Otikul Nurdesh- Chief of Dembar, Otikul is a man so old no one else has been alive long enough to say they knew Otikul when he was young and spry. He is also the user of Capture Magic.
- Timar Forestarm- The Court Wizard of Humanity who believes that fate is a wheel that cannot be changed unless it is broken and replaced.
- Olifla Darelor- A Human who was believed to have settled down to live a quiet life, she actually seems to have some mysterious connection with the World Court.
- Jehlur Daka- While Jehlur was missing and presumed dead for nearly twenty years, his identity was discovered to the clown Klaus who resided in Alzirgos.
- Marblum- A Dwarven Librarian who tries to stay out of trouble.
- Gazer- One of the elite soldiers of the Korvian Etcher, the Twenty Immortals.
- Marnis- One of the higher ranking members of the Elven Guard, Marnis is prone to destroying what he does not like. As a High Elven soldier, there are few things he does like.
- Ilifaren- The leader of the Wood Elven tribe, known for her incredible luck.
- Schmeelon Cunkuck- The owner of Vreslo and creator of the Hot Airship among other inventions, who desires to go to the Realm of the Moon to spit in the faces of the Gods.
- Wileon Nimblemane- Schmeelon's less assuming business partner, who actually crafts most of Schmeelon's ideas into inventions.
- Aaldir- A Nephilim with a mysterious past that even his classmates never learned.
Inactive MembersThere are those in Ikkul's class who passed away in the time since they graduated. These students include, alongside Ikkul himself:
- Kicad Bavul- Former Chief of the Village Yirthum, Kicad was a gifted enchanter and gentleman.
- Tarthekar Padorim- Former Chief of the Village Ealla, Tarthekar was a Bard who wished for equality and a world without discrimination.
- Regular- A Devil who wanted a normal life, but got involved with a terrifying man.
- Arson- The Fire Jinn son of Adai the Honored, the former Fire Genie Lord of the Fire Plane.
StaffAs do all classes, the Class of 520 had staff members, a Magic Theory Professor and a Magic History Professor. There was something a bit strange about this group of Professors, though.
- Conviction- Conviction was a Devil prosecutor who was rather hard on his students, though many believed he had a softer side that he hid from them. He taught at the Magic College after temporarily giving up his job as a lawyer in Hell.
- Otikul Nurdesh- While he was a student at the Magic College in his own class, he was also a Professor and Chief. Some called it a conflict of interest, which is why an extra Magic History Professor was hired to help Otikul out.
- Tiltish Durgaar- The extra Magic History Professor, who would teach in Otikul's place most times.
498 ME 547 ME 49 years old