Hugg Gguh is a Goblin Patriarch who led the Votarra Goblins from 498-515. Prior to leading the Goblins, he was a Goblin Lord who was assassinated and turned into a painting soldier called a Monion.
HistoryHugg was born to Krak and Gnat Gguh in the Goblin cave known as Votarra Den, in the midst of Dwarven Territory in the year 452. His mother Gnat died three years after he was born, but before then would always hold him tight in her arms. She was sickly, always thin, but her hugs were warm. She died with Hugg in her arms. After that, the world was cold to Hugg. His father couldn't afford much, but he spent every bit of money he got on food for him and his son. They couldn't afford clothes, and as Hugg began to grow, he had nothing to wear. So he ended up wearing a burlap sack, one his father had bought potatoes in. The growing Hugg substituted these potatoes in the sack as his clothes. And grow he did, as the image of his mother, thin and sickly, was always in his head. He didn't want to end up like that. He wanted to spread hugs like she did, big warm hugs, to the world. They always made him comfortable, and while he wasn't comfortable now, he wasn't thinking of himself.
RivalryThere was, however, someone who opposed Hugg's goal. A man who had known nothing but warmth his life, who now sought to turn the world cold. A man named Sliq Monion. At this point in time, Hugg had grown quite large, and now had a protective layer of fat around his body. However, his round body was something he was not very used to. He had limited mobility of his limbs, and thus was unable to do much. He didn't study like many other Goblins, instead training his body to do its basic functions. He couldn't walk, so he would roll and bounce around. He would find any way he could to be kind to everyone. Sliq Monion, on the other hand, was always rather large. He couldn't move very well, but people were drawn to him. He had a presence that forced attention towards him. And it would be these two who would be thrust into the center of Goblin politics in 465, when a group of Human adventurers who called themselves "Remnants of Rage" invaded Votarra Den. Remnants of Rage claimed to be finishing the job of Gellark Lionrage, the first Human King, taking out the evil Goblins that infested the world. Of course, this was against Gellark's true view towards Goblins, as Gellark was an ally of Goblins, but had become King too late to help them. Hugg did not know this, but he knew that such evil motivations could not be true or something he could let happen. There were three people who stepped up against this threat. The first was a man named Waldar Bigeye, a strong Goblin who had a penchant for fighting. He was one of the few Goblin guards to survive the attack due to his strength. The next was Sliq Monion, who was a large target for the Remnants of Rage. Thanks to Sliq's physique and power known as Art Magic, he was able to survive and defeat the Remnants. The third, however, was Hugg. Hugg was not hurt by the weapons of these adventurers. He was able to stand up against weapons that had slaughtered so many of his kinsmen, and then defeat the adventurers with just his hugs. It was these three who stood after the Remnants of Rage were defeated. The Humans had killed the matriarch, and she had no successor. So these three were each offered titles as Goblin Lords. Three rulers who would work together to rule Votarra Den. Waldar refused, as the Bigeyes were not a family of rulers. They instead followed orders, and he insisted he would just raise his family and stay out of such affairs as becoming a Goblin Lord. Hugg wanted to refuse as well, but seeing Sliq, he was terrified of what Votarra would become. So he agreed, seeing this as a way he could spread kindness and warmth. Sliq grew a hatred for Hugg just as Hugg grew a fear of what Sliq could do.
The First MonionsSliq had plans with his Art Magic, making a group of assassins out of copies of prominent Goblins. He killed the real Goblins and, in 491, used this group to steal an Item Magic known as Shadow Magic. He then had this group, led notably by Waldar Bigeye, Jug, and Shkowwt Troope, to kill Hugg. Shkowwt was hesitant to kill Hugg, while Waldar did not hesitate, using the Shadow Magic to kill Hugg. Under Sliq's orders, Waldar then killed Shkowwt and the other Monions who were doubting him. Waldar and Jug then went on to be part of many further iterations of the Monions group.
Empty HugsHowever, Sliq did not want a power vacuum in Hugg's place. So instead, he created a Monion copy of Hugg, then starting to spread rumors of Hugg becoming vengeful and hateful. The residents of Votarra Den began to fear the Goblin Lord, turning to Sliq for help. Slowly but surely, Sliq knew that he would no longer have a use for Hugg. Hugg, however, feared what he had become. He was flat, 2d, not someone full who could give hugs to those that needed him. He was paper. Still, he would do the best he could. He would still give the Hugs he always sought, for there were still people that needed them. He just needed to take out the one stopping him from that... Sliq Monion. He had to use foul play for this, but it was considered necessary. He used Waldar's loyalty against him, convincing Waldar to listen to him as well, since Waldar was loyal to both Goblin Lords. He convinced Waldar to kill Jug and himself on Hugg's own orders, and with that, the stage was set.
The New MonionsSliq was out of options. He needed more Monions, as he used them to collect Item Magics and dispose of the Monions later. It was only Waldar and Jug who had remained from all teams, but now they too were dead. Sliq found many Goblins, however, who were rising to prominence. Most prominent was the drug kingpin Kash Monet, the drug addled Meff Kraxx, and the sons of former Monions, Roblin "Biggz" Bigeye and Goof Troope. Others, like Kirbo Funki, Grummd Prixx, Klapp Chioks, and Lucky were less prominent at the time. That was what he wanted. Not fame, but effectiveness.
The MonionsHugg was the greatest enemy of Sliq Monion, which was exactly why one of Sliq's plans ended with the death of Hugg. At least, the real Hugg. Sliq had a type of assassin he made with his Art Magic, called a Monion. These Monions were paintings of people Sliq made, which would first hunt and kill their real copy, then would follow the orders of Sliq. These Monions still had their original personalities. Hugg was turned into a Monion, the real Hugg devoured and the Monion sent off with the most famous team, which became known as the Monions, to kill the 60th Grand Wizard, Crordoth Narakas. This team of Monions included:
- Klapp Chioks- The Structure Magic Monion. Often called the forgotten Monion, Klapp is by all accounts a failure of a Monion. He was either unable to replicate the skill that the original Klapp had, or the original Klapp had lied entirely about his reputation. He would walk on his hands and used his feet like others would use their hands. He later married Hugg.
- Kash Monet- The Poison Magic Monion. Kash was likely the most famous Monion before their exploits, and is only afterwards beaten out by Hugg and Goof. Kash ran one of the largest drug empires Totania has ever seen, and is to this day the most well known black market kingpin, so powerful even the World Court could not stop him, and this has been taken over by his son Phund.
- Roblin "Biggz" Bigeye- The Strength Magic Monion. Biggz was said to be unbelievably strong, yet dimwitted. He was loyal, but when betrayed by Sliq Monion, Biggz was the one to strike back hardest against his former master. Biggz is a hero particularly to bodybuilders across Totania.
- Kirbo Funki- The Copy Magic Monion. Kirbo Funki was likely one of the kindest Monions, aside from the gentle Hugg, and while he had large influence among the Monions, he went on to lead a quiet life with his wife Sullore and son Gak.
- Meff Kraxx- The Mind Magic Monion. Meff was actually said to have Sword Magic, and most tales of him will say this, but it turns out he just had a normal sword. Meff was a drug addict, rabid and ravenous. He is best known for the horror stories told about him.
- Goof Troope- The Shadow Magic Monion. Goof is best known as the one who put an end to Sliq Monion, hanging the Goblin Lord and freeing the Goblins from his torment. He is considered to be a universally beloved hero, alongside Hugg, and is honored even more for his heroic deeds. After killing Sliq, Goof went out to do further heroics.
- Lucky- The Luck Magic Monion. Lucky was a sociopath with terrible luck, which left him out of prominence most other Monions got, but did land him a rather quiet life.
- Grummd Prixx- The Beast Magic Monion. Prixx was a terrifying beastmaster, partially because he could make great beasts, partially because even he struggled to tame them. He is feared by many, even long after his death, even though he died peacefully living in the forest taming gentle animals.
496 ME 515 ME 19 years old