Battle for Southern Elone
The Battle for Southern Elone is a conflict between the forces of the Southern Elone Treaty Organization and the Draconians Village of Evity.
CausesBefore the two leaders of the opposing armies, Nalrik Tilrak and Coldrid Saxan, were in charge of Bortan and Evity respectively, there were different Chiefs in power. Ones that hated each other. Ikkul Ravofarn. And Ikkul had three adopted children: Nalrik Tilrak, Coldrid Saxan, and Yilkin Nagil. Nalrik was the favorite, raised to succeed Ikkul, while Yilkin and Coldrid were beaten and trained to be disposable soldiers in the Bortan Orphanage. Ikkul also had them connect with other children of Chiefs: Higar Vixik, Kaltoth Vracrath, and Vardid Liloryas. He intended for them to form an alliance under Bortan's flag one day to conquer Draconian territory. To protect everyone as a united Bortanian Empire. Yilkin was adopted by the Court Wizard Timar Forestarm, the second most powerful man in the Kingdom of Man, while Coldrid ran away. Nalrik never knew the reason why he lived much of his life without his siblings. He just knew they were not with him anymore. Coldrid was raised for some time by Onkesh Tazwunak, who hated Ikkul and used this as an opportunity to spite him.
SETO BeginsThe Chiefs all eventually fought in the Chief Crisis, a battle where they tried to kill each other to become the next Grand Wizard, but this ended with all of their deaths. Thus, their successors took over. Nalrik for Bortan, Coldrid for Evity. Vardid and Higar also took over their villages, Ealla and Tamd respectively. Nalrik also took over the Bortan orphanage, which now had the children of all of the former Chiefs in it: Narjeth Yelrath, Cracul Daxur, Vammic Nimphonker, Laltel Bavul, and Donxosir Padorim. He intended to take good care of them. Dembar Otikul Nurdesh, was declining to join SETO. SETO trained for months, but as they got ready to get the kids back by waiting in Ealla, the battle began.
The BattleColdrid Saxan resurrected the dead Chiefs with his Necromancy. He had more bodies than the ones he used, however, he had a goal that didn't require most of them. Only three. The first was Ilxar Nimphonker, former Chief of Tamd and adoptive father of Higar Vixik. He sent Ilxar to fight Higar while Tarthekar Padorim, former Chief of Ealla and adoptive father of Vardid Liloryas. Finally, he sent Ikkul Ravofarn to Nalrik. These Chiefs fought at a capacity far below what they were once able to do, as Coldrid did not intend to kill his former brother and friends. Instead, he wanted to drive them away. He hoped that seeing their parents would make them run off. But instead, it only made them more bold, as the three new Chiefs defeated their predecessors, all learning valuable life lessons that their parents were unable to teach them before they died in the Chief Crisis.
In EvityWhat the three Chiefs were unaware of was that the rest of SETO had already invaded Evity. Narjeth Yelrath had run off, trying to find his brothers and save them. No one knew where he went, so they believed that he was kidnapped like the rest of them and ran into Evity to save him.
Hell's GloryThe forces were split up almost instantly. Three of them, Magic History Professor Grolcurth Hellglory, Wolfman Pack Leader Guyug, and Alchemist Fulros Fradarim, were up against the basic skeletal forces of Evity. However, they had resurrected an old friend of Grolcurth's, causing him to not want to fight anymore. Grolcurth had, after all, accidentally killed this friend. Now, it seemed that friend was trying to kill him. Grolcurth took this as poetic justice and allowed it to happen, which was only made worse when Guyug betrayed them and tried to kill both Grolcurth and Fulros because his true allegiance was to the World Court.
Monster of Urd GrabadShatlita Gunn was once a fearsome Orc warrior called the Monster of Urd Grabad. After moving to Elone, she had left that behind to raise her son, Shatt Gunn. However, seeing children get kidnapped made her think of what would happen if this was her son. So Shatlita rampaged throughout Evity, once more as the Monster of Urd Grabad. She killed many innocents before nearly being stopped by Evity forces led by Bupo Sickfoot. However, Bupo led his fellow mages Celtra Gwam and Krumgrum into a losing battle, as Celtra lost her arms and Krumgrum was mortally wounded in the fight. Shatlita seemingly was unstoppable.
Dead MenRebun Colad and Kamil Gilrel, two fourth year students at the Magic College and members of SETO, searched through Evity for the kids. However, instead they found themselves trapped in a mansion with Drorthod Lormorn, an incredibly powerful necromancer. Drorthod brought out Dead Men, the most powerful necromantic summon, to fight them. Rebun had seen Dead Men before, as they had killed his entire platoon many years ago, so
PuppetmasterOrlayas Ojeux was also in a mansion, one belonging to the greatest user of Puppetry alive, Aaren Ildial. Aaren knew Orlayas, as Orlayas was a rather famous man. He was the intern of the Grand Wizard and was slated to be his successor. Aaren hated the title of Grand Wizard, as his ancestor Kilprax Ildial was the one who founded it. Ever since, Aaren was compared to him. Aaren hated all kinds of titles and spectacle. He tried to get Orlayas to agree that spectacle was useless, getting him to give up becoming the next Grand Wizard. Orlayas had no motivation to become Grand Wizard anyway, but he refused to give up spectacle. He remembered his mentor's words about the importance of such little things very well. To show more than just a spell, but to show that it can be fun as well.
ParticipantsThere were two sides to this great battle, the forces of the Southern Elone Treaty Organization and the forces of Evity. The major players in the battle will be listed according to their affiliation.
Southern Elone Treaty OrganizationSETO is a group of Draconian Villages working together to promote peace. They recruited many villages to their side, but were attacked by Evity upon asking them to join SETO. They will be listed according to their factions within SETO.
BortanThe Warrior Village of the Draconians, Bortan is the symbollic figurehead of SETO, though it does not actually lead it. That being said, their forces did play a major part in the Battle for Southern Elone.
- Nalrik Tilrak- The Chief of Bortan, Nalrik was the adopted brother of Chief of Evity Coldrid Saxan. Their conflict goes back to when they were children, making this battle between them and their forces more than it appeared to be.
- Bortanian Orphans- Cracul Daxur, Laltel Bavul, Vammic Nimphonker, and Donxosir Padorim, who are orphans in the Bortan Orphanage, were kidnapped by Evity, which led to SETO going to get them back. The battle began when the final orphan, Narjeth Yelrath disappeared.
TamdThe Alchemist Village of Draconians, Tamd was the place where SETO had been staging their attack for months, and some of their forces participated in the battle.
- Higar Vixik- The Chief of Tamd, known also as the famed alchemist the Professor.
- Fulros Fradarim- A student in the Magic College Class of 551 and an aspiring alchemist.
- Vaphak Uphal- The most influential alchemist in Tamd, arrived late to the battle.
EallaThe Bardic Village Ealla
- Vardid Liloryas- Chief of Ealla, also called the Ice Queen for her once cold heart, now she is a kind and loving person.
- Luciandrid Zrarakas- The leader of the Bard group known as the Chamber.
- Dranketh Wulfras- The Conductor, a Draconian who leads the Bard group known as the Orchestra.
- Sirlini Glirdog- Former Chief of Ealla, known as the Comedian for her twisted sense of humor.
- Shatlita Gunn- Not technically a resident of Ealla, the Orcish Monster of Urd Grabad resides outside of Ealla.
YirthumThe Weak Village, Yirthum is known for its Enchantment and connection to the . It barely participated in the battle.
- Dripnoral Thampoc- The best enchanter in Yirthum, Dripnoral arrived late to help out, but was ultimately defeated.
ZephysRepresentatives of the Magic College and the Draconian capital city of Zephys, these are moreso just unaffiliated members of SETO.
- Orlayas Ojeux- The Great Wizard, who is meant to be the next Grand Wizard.
- Kamil Gilrel- An Elven noble who wants to look after his family.
- Rebun Colad- A former soldier who doesn't want to fight anymore.
- Grolcurth Hellglory- A Magic Theory Professor at the Magic College who has poison magic but fears killing people.
- Guyug- A Wolfman Pack Leader who betrayed SETO during the battle.
DembarThe Natural Village Dembar joined just at the very end, contributing to the battle at the last second.
- Otikul Nurdesh- Chief of Dembar and Magic History Professor with Capture Magic.
- Itask- A Lizardman with amputated limbs, he gets by with metal magic and prosthetics.
- Yipustil Midrith- A Draconian archaeologist who believes Dembar is superior to the other villages.
EvityOn the other side of the battle was Evity, with its vast forces using Necromancy, Puppetry, and other forms of forbidden magic. They have no subdivisions, as they were all under one village banner.
- Coldrid Saxan- The Chief of Evity, Coldrid has a hatred of Bortan after being raised there and traumatized by its practices. This partially extends to his adopted brother Nalrik who now leads Bortan, but there are also feelings of brotherly love that complicate that relationship.
- Deltesh- A Lizardman with unbreakable skin.
- Aurrin- A Nephilim healer who only heals women.
- Drorthod Lormorn- Former Chief of Evity, an incredibly powerful necromancer.
- Aaren Ildial- The Puppetmaster, the most skilled user of puppetry alive.
- Laughter- A Devil with an absolutely terrifying Area Devil Ability that allows him to absorb magic to get stronger.
- Cleaver- The unluckiest person alive, Korvian or otherwise.
- Bupo Sickfoot- A Goblin soldier with a strict moral code.
- Celtra Gwam- A trickster Gnome who plays pranks even in the heat of battle.
- Krumgrum- A lazy Dwarven Dark Mage who died due to inaction in the battle.