WorldEmber 2020 Plan for Success
My Writing Space
The primary space I use is my desk located in our computer room. It's a simple desk with no drawers or anything. My computer is a Skytech Mark III in a white Thermaltake Versa case. I use a dual screen setup with this wonderful desk mount to give me more desk space. The Merc Stealth keyboard is my absolute fave, but sadly Steelseries has discontinued support for it. The Logitech MX Ergo trackball is my mouse of choice since elbow room is always a prime on my desk. The best part of my desk? I'm next to the window on my left and there's just enough space for a dog bed. Nothing better than just being able to reach down and pet the puppy. Encourages breaks between writing sprints. One thing that isn't pictured is the door ancored resistance band I have for when I start to feel my shoulders tensing up.
~=Recipe for Success=~
- Water - Must stay hydrated!
- Arctis 7 headphones - To block out distactions.
- Resistance Band - Sitting for too long is bad for you.
- iTunes, Amazon Music - A good music playlist is a perfect way to keep you in The Zone.
- Dog Toys - To distract the dog when she get's playful.
- Evernote - All my prep notes are here.
- 4thWords - A way to encourage myself to keep writing and monitor my word count.
- Love and Support!
World Ember 2020
How Fast I WriteSprint 1: 30 minutes - 559
Sprint 2: 30 minutes - 1,442
Sprint 3: 30 minutes - 580
Total word Count: 2,581
Words Per Minute: 28
Minutes for 10k words: 358 (5 hrs 58 mins)
Worldbuilding Time: 432 (7 hrs 12 mins)
My Writing ScheduleAll times US Central
11am - 2pm
11am - 2pm