The Order of the Guided Hand
The Scholars of Mahotara
In the year 3500 of the Divine Age a small group of Scholars came together and began to debate amongst themselves about the nature of the world. They realized that for as much as people claimed to know about the world they actually had little proof. Most of this knowledge was passed down by the clergy. Histories of deeds and events had been written, but little was determined about the nature of the world itself. There was also one question that plagued all of the founders: "Who, or what, created the Divines?" Simply asking this question was considered by many to be close to heresy. These scholars decided to pool their funds together so they could leave the distractions of civilization to focus solely on the pursuit of knowledge. After much searching they came to the small rocky island of Mahotara off the coast of Niras. They spent the next ten years building a monastery to fit their needs. Construction was completed in the year 3515 D.A. with a dedication ceremony being incorporated into the Suncrest Festival.
- Exchequer - In charge of Monastery Funds. They pay out stipends, make investments, make sure debts are paid, and other accounting matters.
- Chatelain - In charge of household chores. One usually doesn't volunteer for this position but simply acquire it by their nature of directing others to do various chores around the monastery and simply inherit the title.
- Provisioner - In charge of purchasing scholarly supplies. This includes raw materials, laboratory equipment, writing materials, and things of that sort.
- Cellarer - In charge of food stores. Monitors current supplies, greenhouse produce, livestock produce, fishing, and other food production methods they engage in. They also charged with purchasing any further supplies from the mainland.
- Chamberlain - In charge of clothing and other textiles. They keep a steady supply of textiles on hand by either ordering from the mainland or working with any tailors in residence.
- Steward - Person in charge of Animal Husbandry studies. Maintain livestock and work with Cellarer and Chamberlin for providing food and textile materials.
- Librarian - Position first acquired by simply being the scholar who spent the most time in the Library. They are in charge of keeping track of where all books, scrolls and manuscripts are and acquiring new ones to add to the monastery library.
- Gardener - First established by the scholar who built the Greenhouse and was focusing their studies on plants and agriculture. They work closely with the Cellarer and Steward.
The Great Debate
Tenets of Faith
- Question everything. Only through knowledge can one begin to understand the nature of the divine and truly appreciate it.
- All questions are worth answering. Through the smallest questions we have discovered the largest truths.
- Take nothing for granted. It is though the efforts of those who came before that we are able to be here today.
Small island off the coast of Inai that is home to a secluded monastery.
The Heresy of the Guided Hand
The theological theories put forth by the obscure religious sect who call themselves The Guided Hand.