2023 Summer Camp Homework
Summer Camp Update! Aimed for the moon...landing among stars. As of this moment, I have notes for enough prompts to reach diamond but (most likely) not enough time to finish up the articles. My new goal is to complete copper and push forward with other writing projects. Thanks for following along! Love to you all!
Challenge Overview, Info, & Reminders
Summer Camp RemindersStart Date: July 1st
Awards Ceremony: August 26th
4 Waves of Prompts8 themed and 2 wild cards
Summer Camp Homework
As per usual, I'd like to reach diamond this year. 32 prompts, let's goooooo!
That said, listening to my body and life responsibilities will be my primary priority. If my goal changes, I'll update it here!
Badge Collection So Far
My goal for Summer Camp is diamond! But like, Strixxline, I'm going for a Camp Chill Mindset. ^_^ Thanks to Strixxline (Polina "Line" Arteev) for the creating the badge art! Click the Dewy Diamond Badge to go to the Badge Art & Info page! Camp Feral to remind myself that it's ok to absolutely dive into the prompts. Thanks to Strixxline (Polina "Line" Arteev) for the creating the group and badge art! Click the Camp Feral Badge to go to the Badge Art & Info page! Camp Chill to remind myself that rest is vital. Summer Camp is a month dedicated to growing as writers and artists. Take some time to recharge. Thanks to nnie (Annie Stein) for creating Camp Chill last year and to Those2Nerds (Rin Garnett) for designing the badge! Click the Camp Chill Badge to go to the Badge Art & Info page!
Homework #1: Power
Power as a ConceptJanet's blog post on Power in Worldbuilding is absolutely phenomenal. Deserves a read, a reread, a rereread, a rerere-, you get it.
Power on the Claw Continent
La Chiave a CroceThe four major families deal in different trades and vie for power in the Port-City: Silverswords (have: physical prowess, need: War in Peacetime), Whispershadows (have: Social Knowledge & Connections, need: Structure), Tarrenbrooks (have: Trade Agreements & Steady State Resources, need: Time to Grow), and Clearsparks (have: Magical Abilities & Research, need: Magical Artifacts).
Acquisition OrganizationsThere are many organizations that try to obtain artifacts; however, the Den of Papyrus (have: public support, need: artifacts to neutralize and store) and Weaver's Guild (have: private support, need: artifacts to repurpose and use) have the most ...momentum... in these endeavours.
Power on the SeasLouvenia Draegan, the pirate queen, does not own the seas, per say. She's just come face to face with the Boneship and lived with her crew intact. (has: freedom, resources, & connections, needs: to maintain support for her crew)
Character Relationship Test
Diplomacy Web Test
Excellent tool for the Major Families and Organizations in .
World Meta RemindersWorld Focus: Technological Influences, Religious Influences, Wealth Distribution
Recurring Themes Weaving Stories, Life & Death, Technology vs. Magic
Homework #2: FrontierThere are three locations within the scope of Summer Camp that I would call frontiers:
- Arachnae Wilderness - My favorite area to expand. This far-reaching forest spans the . Inside, few communities of humanoids reside. In fact, adventurers are more likely to find Ruins than other people. That said, there are some communities who have learned to live within the overgrowth.
- The Sea - The next area that needs expansion. The Boneship rules the sea, preventing most oceanic travel. Louvenia Draegan and her crew are the only people to freely travel the sea.
- Portals to the Fae - For when the only option is a tonic of whimsy and chaos. Other planes couldn't possibly exist, right? They're simply for children's stories. There was the one fellow, Phelan Ragewind who claimed to have traveled Beyond the Tree, but that was just the ramblings of a dreamer.
- Metaphorical Frontiers - Magic & Science as it pertains to Artifacts. The last century has been filled with new advancements in magical prowess. Collectors, researchers, and adventurers have been seeking answers to the mysteries brought forth by the influx of magic.
Tags Refresh!Some Information on Tags from the Codex, Advanced uses of Tags by Satrium, and an Example of Tag Usage by nnie.
New Tag List
- rewrite, stub, incomplete
- article type
- idx-a, ..., idx-untitled
- malmi, basi
- sc-2019, ...
- we-2019, ...
Homework #3: Relics
- Knowledge about traveling to other continents and other planes of existence has been secreted away.
Homework #4: CommunicationUpdate on Saturday, June 24th
Possible Articles by Theme
- Family Members of the Tarrenbrooks, Silverswords, Whispershadows, and Clearsparks
- The Families as Organizations
- Towns along the Tarrenbrook's trade route (Azuris Path)
- Towns where the Silverswords Provide Protection
- Work on Spider Compendium in the Arachnae Wilderness
- The Boneship, Beasties of the Sea, and Oceanic Cities
- Portals on Tarantellia to the Fae and Location Rarities
- Artifacts, Researchers, and their stories
Summer Camp 2023 Article List
Summer Camps Past
Where Stubs go to Stub
References for CSS GrowthIf you have a favorite WA source that's not included here, let me know and I'll add it to the list!
For Containers, Catoblepon's Intro to Containers is a great resource.
For CSS tools, nnie's Solaris CSS has AMAZING tutorials.
For Fancy CSS coding, zogmaddog's Perillel CSS has all of the coding tools you'll need.
For free and purchasable CSS add-ons, Stormbrill's CSS shop has you covered!
For the basics, check out ShyRedFox's CSS Cheat Sheet!
For everything else, the World Anvil Codex has a ton of awesome tools to get you started.
More ReferencesFor Interactive Tables, here's a quick link to the World Anvil Codex.
For getting your Containers in order, check out nnie's Advanced Formating article!