1) Imperial Princess High Lady Katianna Vortapani, current spiritual successor of Monarch Melantha who ruled what is now Melantha Province at the conclusion of the Twelve Kingdom Era, reigns over Great House Vormelantha as direct representative of Emperor Gregor Vortapani. She swears her fealty to the Emperor (and only to him!). She acts in the best interest of Melantha Province, its High Vor and Low Vor component Houses starting with House Vormelantha (the version collecting taxes in Soterios System directly) and its Tapani citizenry, always as a component of the Imperium.
- She inquired as to the exact wording of each member's oath of service upon taking a seat on said council.
- She demanded from each a log of his or her proposals and votes during their time on the Privy Council.
- She then turned three of the Council over to Imperial Auditors for investigation on charges of high treason,
- stripped two more of their titles right down to erasing the "vor" from their family names,
- instructed the remaining two counselors to prove their value by determining what they would call an "ethical and workable plan for the long-term support of Bal Vorjaset's descendants", to be reviewed by a Freeworlds Territory representative and then the ,
- elevated Lord Vaskel Vorsavill's son Irakley Vorsavill to become Count Vormelantha
- while commanding Vaskel Vorsavill to retire graciously and thoroughly from politics lest he join his deposed rivals as Tapani citizens,
- and instructed Lady Larisa Vorjaset to prepare dossiers for a number of suitable Privy Counselors -- not already being High Vor should be considered no barrier! -- for the High Lady's consideration.
We advise all involved to consider this Our first test. We seek reminders of the Great House Melantha which We know to have reigned in this space in the wake of Emperor Shey Tapani.
The reaction across the war-torn Province seems to have generally been "well, that could have hurt worse" from the current and former High Vor, and universally heart-eyed "OUR PRINCESS SAYS WE ARE NOW THE TRUE HEIRS OF SHEY TAPANI" adoration from the Low Vor and non-Vor Tapani citizenry of Melantha in general.
The remainder of these positions may currently lack a designated holder, or may be in rapid flux, as the Imperial Princess confirms the loyalty and sincere responsibility of her subjects:
1a) Barons or Baroness
Vorblank (designated Heir to the High Lord, and theoretical future High Lady. Fealty sworn to Emperor Gregor Vortapani directly and seconded to Imperial Princess High Lady Katianna Vortapani.) By tradition, this person drops the "Vor" syllable from their family name while serving as Heir to signify that they will not favor their family of origin over any other citizen of the Province.
2) Count Irakley Vorsavill Vormelantha: (titular head of House. Fealty sworn to Emperor Gregor Vortapani directly and seconded to Imperial Princess High Lady Katianna Vortapani.) He was a maternal cousin of the deceased Count Vormelantha's family, and a distant cousin of the Vorjaset family, so he was legally eligible to inherit -- but without Imperial Decree, it was not expected.
3) Countess or Count __ (spouse/partner of titular head of house, usually non-inheriting but possessing specific responsibilities and authorities in support of the head of House. Fealty sworn to Emperor Gregor Vortapani directly and seconded to Imperial Princess High Lady Katianna Vortapani.)
4) Lord or Lady __ (officially designated Heir of titular head, often serves as Count's Voice either in regional administration or in the Council of Counts while the titular head is occupied elsewhere. Fealty sworn to Emperor Gregor Vortapani directly through their Count and seconded to Imperial Princess High Lady Katianna Vortapani.)
6) senior Armsmen, especially those who have been Armsmen of this particular House for 20+ standard years, swearing fealty to a specific member of the House who in turn swears fealty in an unbroken chain up to Emperor Gregor Vortapani