The elves are slender, agile, and kind of dim. They tend to follow their hearts, and the nearest shiny object. While there are a great many elves who do take the time to think things through, an equal number tend to act like they're high on love. These also tend to be the most devoted to their elderon, Bayu, so there may be a connection. Even the ones who do take things more seriously tend to have their trains of logic go off the rails, travel fifty miles, and wind up on a completely different track.
Anatomy & Morphology
Elves look like humans with pointy ears, and are usually considered to be the most beautiful of the races, generally by people who like having their intestines inside their bodies. (This was back when Bayu would actively try to persuade others to this opinion, usually through the removal of one or more vital organs. Thankfully, the Elder Agreement has stopped this practice, although the general consensus remains.)
Genetics and Reproduction
It is said that the elves can mate with almost any of the nine races. This is an inaccurate statement. Elves can mate with exactly any of the nine races. This results in some very strange results later down the family line, like an elf and a dwarf giving birth to a naga.
Growth Rate & Stages
Elves generally live to be 110, and "mature" at around age 16, although the difference between maturity and not is slim at best. The generally keep their good looks and smooth skin until old age, at which point they slowly start getting wrinkles at a rate of one per hundred years.
Civilization and Culture
Elven last names are typically similar to precious jewels or stones, like "Rubee" or "Emeral", but surnames such as "Pearl" are not unheard of. Most elves pick a first name for their children after something pretty like natural geography or jewelry, and rarely will an elf be named after a body part (See General Ears Sapphire).
Elves typically find slender, well-endowed females to be attractive, while slender, yet muscular males are considered handsome.
It is commonly thought among the elves that the women should be as pretty as possible, shop often, and generally have lots of fun. This leaves the men to do the less important things, such as earning money and raising children. However, as men are not encouraged, and many of them prefer to have fun over taking responsibility, this leaves the schools and churches to raise most children, while the government keeps everyone from starving.
Most religious elves ask Bayu directly who their true love is, and then go and find them. Unfortunately, Bayu's lack of limits leads to some very unfortunate encounters between semi-delirious love-struck elves, and hapless non-elves who usually turn out to be married, uninterested, or sexually incompatible.
For those pairings that are mutually agreeable, the courtship routine is as follows: Step one: have a lovely candlelit dinner. Step two: bed each other. If all goes well, they move on to step three: plan the marriage. If all does not go well, they repeat steps one and two until it does.
Elves typically believe in mutual respect and experimentation, usually one or both members of the pair will try and add some spice to their relationship, such as trying new restaurants, going on a spontaneous vacation, or, most commonly, buying paprika.
Average Technological Level
The elves have achieved space travel, and have many of the same accommodations and luxuries as the other rares. This is because of the diligent and vocal 10% who realize that keeping up with current technology is an important factor of survival. The remaining 90% had to have the concept of a dishwasher patiently explained to them.
Common Dress Code
The elves believe in showing as much as is tasteful. Thus, most female elf shirts only cover the top half, rarely have sleeves, and elf skirts usually only go about halfway down the thigh. The same is true of male elf pants and shirts, on the rare occasion that male elves wear shirts.
Interspecies Relations and Assumptions
The elves as a whole are viewed by most races as either beautiful and eccentric, or flat-out insane. Usually both. Even the more level-headed elves have their thoughts go in strange directions, and most races agree that while they're definitely a great deal to look at, it's probably best for all involved to do the looking from a safe distance.
- Starting Wound Threshold: 9 + Brawn
- Starting Strain Threshold: 10 + Willpower
- Starting Experience: 105
- Special Abilities: Elves begin with one rank in one of the following: Perception, Coordination.
- Nimble: Elves have a Ranged and Melee defence of 1.
- Average Height
- 6 ft.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild