are an aspect of Magic
deity, spell, and monster will have an Element
. These three are occasionally referred to collectively as Elementals
. Armor and weapons can also be Elementally Enchanted
. Enchanted Armor will grant the wearer both a damage boost when casting a spell with that Element
and give its defensive attributes. Enchanted Weapons allow non-spell attacks to inflict Elemental
damage. There are twelve active Elements
, each one corresponding to a deity.
The twelve elements are Aerial
, and Vitality
. There exists an extinct thirteenth element that can no longer be used, so it no longer holds relevance to combat.
- Aerial: Caused by the Goddess Praudena. It represents wind and weather.
- Aqua: Caused by the God Frae. It represents any natural body of water.
- Artifice: Caused by the God Vumamur. It represents technology and the knowledge used to create it.
- Blight: Caused by the God Illik. It represents decay, illness, and death.
- Circumstance: A combination of all Elements. It represents consequences, monsters, and magic.
- Dissonance: Caused by the God Maura. It represents chaos, combat, and confusion.
- Judgment:Caused by the Goddess Judis. It represents morality, the inner self, and decisions.
- Solar: Caused by the God Auxtro. It represents the sun, fire, and the volcano.
- Temporal: Caused by the God Riyo. It represents time, space, and change.
- Terra: Caused by the Goddess Min. It represents terrain, the planet, and occasionally the moon.
- Unison: Caused by the Goddess Hau. It represents order, structure, and organization.
- Vitality: Caused by the Goddess Venkunalis. It represents life, new beginnings, and sentience.
- Wellbeing: An extinct element once caused by Aur. It can no longer be found in the air but is sometimes found in ancient enchantments. It once represented health, safety, and thriving.
can be weak or strong against one another. The following table describes these matchups. For example, 1x means the damage type is normal, 2x means the attack does twice the normal damage against that element, and 0.5x means it does half the normal damage. Every element has two weaknesses and two strengths.
Offending Element is VERTICAL ↕ and Defending Element is HORIZONTAL ↔