Shattered Shadowrealms Magic (Fate Core Edition)
For now Shattered Shadowrealms will use the High Fantasy Magic on the Fate SRD with some changes.
- No divine patron. With the others it doesn't matter what you call yourself, just pick Rapport or Lore as your casting skill
- Only certain Races are available to use it. For PCs this means humans and half humans, with a few exceptions only being granted access to specific disciplines
- No borrowing a discipline
- No enchanting items
- Alchemy potions MUST be used within a day or they just expire
- No teleport discipline
- All spells will use the "you get what you want at a serious cost, or you suffer some negative mechanical consequence" if you fail the roll (for activation purposes). So spells will always go off correctly(ish).
- Due to magic being low powered (in comparison to like D&D) in Shattered Shadowrealms, every spell is rolled at at least against a +2 opposition. If something has "starting at..." then the +2 is added to it.
- On a Fail you will either receive either 2 shifts in damage or GM gets a free compel towards you. On a Tie You will receive 1 shift of damage. On a succeed with style you receive a free invoke on whatever magic related aspect you have.