Creed of Liars
The Creed of Liars is a contract created by the first four Chōrō in the year of 451 1A. It was formed as a method to bind Jupta Rath-Ankhir, Ourno Nemes, Negwai Voranon, and Zuleika Wasihl into keeping the truth of their existence and the true power of their people a secret. While it was never officially named, Zuleika gave it its moniker. She also kept the moniker in the documents she hid in an underground grotto.
HistoryThe Creed came into being at a time when the faifeth were at their highest in ability and might. It was created to keep that power with the royal houses, as there was a fear among three of the four signatories that their poeople would possibly become powerful enough to demand for democracy instead of absolute monarchy.
DraftingThe first draft of the Creed came into being as a mockup. At this time, the Creed primarily consisted of personal fears, intentions and ideas the four companions had. Several concepts in the mockup creed included:
- The entire lineage of Faifeth Royalty will be aware of the Truth
- If a member of the lineages were to speak the Truth to commoners, they will be executed without prejudice
- Execution for the lineages will consist of assassination
- If by some chance a commoner was to learn the Truth, they will be executed on the spot
- If there are queries of the execution, this act shall be announced to the common people as high treason
- A House will not speak out and tell the Truth