Azorius Rank and Renown
For those of the Azorius Functionary Background
Rank 1: OfficialPrerequisite: Renown 3 or higher in the Azorius Senate
Your specific title depends on your role in the guild:
- If you are a lawmage or a precognitive mage, you assume the title of justiciar.
- If you are an arrester, you become an officer.
- If you are a bureaucrat (including an elocutor), you become a scribe
As an Azorius official, you can call on recruits (use the soldier stat block) to perform mundane tasks and errands for you, but they will not accompany you into dangerous circumstances. No Azorius official lives in poverty. Between adventures, you earn a salary that supports you at a modest lifestyle.
Rank 2: Authority
Prerequisite : Rank 1 and renown 10 or higher in the Azorius Senate
Your new title depends on your previous role as an official in the Azorius Senate:
- If you are a justiciar, you become a deputy with a specific title, such as Deputy of Acquittals, Deputy of Indictment, Deputy of Deposition, Deputy of Arraignment, or Deputy of Arbitration.
- If you are an officer, you become an imperator.
- If you are a scribe, you become an emissary.
You are recognized as an authority in your field. You gain an Azorius charm (described in Guild CharmsWIP) at the start of each mission you undertake on the guild’s behalf. At the start of any such mission, you can secure the assistance of a squad of 1d4 arresters (use the soldier stat block) plus one lawmage. These individuals remain with you until the mission ends.
Between adventures, you earn enough money pursuing your duties to support yourself at a comfortable lifestyle.
Rank 3: Minister, Judge, or Senator
Prerequisite: Rank 2 and renown 25 or higher in the Azorius Senate
Your new title depends on your broader interests as they relate to one of the three columns of the Azorius Senate, not on the titles you bore as an official and an authority:
- If your interests lie in law enforcement, you become a minister within the Lyev Column. You receive a specific title, such as Minister of Impediments or Minister of Fallacies.
- If your interests concern the judiciary, you become a judge within the Sova Column.
- If you want a position on the legislative body of the Jelenn Column, you become a senator.
Regardless of your specific title, you can secure the aid of up to 3d4 soldiers and one or two lawmages whenever you set out on a guild-approved mission. Between adventures, your responsibilities to the guild—including supervising arresters, judging legal cases, or writing laws—earns you enough money to support yourself at a wealthy lifestyle.
Rank 4: Arbiter
Prerequisite: Rank 3 and renown 50 or higher in the Azorius Senate
As an arbiter (or capital), you serve as the head of your column. Only Isperia, the Supreme Judge, can appoint you to this position, and only if one of the three existing arbiters leaves her service. As an arbiter, all the resources of your column are at your disposal, and you have the ear of Isperia as a member of her advisory Triumvirate. You also keep the salary you earned as a minister, judge, or senator, sustaining a wealthy lifestyle between adventures.