Trick of the Light (a.k.a. Trick)
Medium Tabaxi Rogue (Wild Card), Chaotic Neutral
Fun, adventure, thrill-seeking.
Will always respect a worthy opponent.
Reckless, impetuous, amoral, annoying at times.
Wild Card's Gambit: Playing Cards. You have your own deck of enchanted cards, and can make their edges razor-sharp with a flick of your wrist. If you have not yet used your Sneak Attack this turn, you can use your action to take one of these cards and attack a creature within 30 feet with it. The attack roll for this feature uses your Dexterity modifier, and on a hit, it deals slashing damage equal 1d4 + your Dexterity modifier. When you roll for damage, look at the number rolled on the d4. The attack gains a random effect based on the number rolled, as detailed in the Wild Card Suit table below. You can attack using a card in this manner a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of once), and regain all uses after a long rest. Damage die (d4) Suit
- Blade: Roll your Sneak Attack damage and add it to your razor card’s damage. At the start of its next turn, the target takes additional damage equal to half the Sneak Attack damage rolled.
- Shackle: Until the start of your next turn, the target’s speed is halved. It can’t make more than one attack on its turn while its speed is reduced in this way.
- Heart: Roll your Sneak Attack damage and add it to your razor card’s damage. You also immediately regain a number of hit points equal to the half the damage dealt. Any excess hit points regains become temporary hit points.
- Wild Ace: This card morphs suits depending on the dealer’s wishes. Choose Blade, Shackle, or Heart. The card then immediately gains the suit’s respective effect.
Uncanny Dodge. Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Current Location
- Amber, feline
- Skin Tone
- Orange fur with tabby markings
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild