Kingdoms and Castles; Passions and Dreams
"We all might be the same under the armor, but we're born with something special inside us. You gotta take that thing inside you and bust it out, make it yours, 'cause you're the only person who can."
Evolved from humans, Knights are the most diverse ancestry in Oniran.
After finding their greatest passion, usually at a young age, their bodies will morph, adapt, and evolve to best express it. They call these passions Affinities, and although
they often overlap, no two Knights are ever the same.
Passionate and Capable
- Any Affinity that revolves around professions, tools, weapons, etc.
- Evolutions of this type usually aid in whatever the Affinity is, focusing practicality over cosmetic.
- They often take the form of things that people would not otherwise have attached to their bodies.
- Any Affinity that revolves around the pure magical energy of the world.
- Evolutions of this type are typically unpredictable and come with either little physical changes or many.
- It can range from Knights made of rock or fire to Knights that can cast spells unique only to them.
- Any Affinity that revolves around all living things found in the wild.
- Evolutions of this type usually reflect the animal, monster, plant, or environment.
- Knights with a Beast type Affinity tend to be the most diverse when it comes to evolutions.
Diverse in all things
Leafwater, Silversong, etc.
“Blood is a bond that can never be broken, but the friendships you forge can still be stronger. Because friendships are forged by you."
Stories of Friendship
"There are 3 things any sane Knight wants in their life, in my opinion at least. An adventure of their own, friends to share it with, and a story to tell afterward."
The consequences of evolving
Dress for the job you want
The Knights in Stonewood, having vast varieties of color when paired with their clothing and armor, made each street look like a river of all the colors of the rainbow to anyone looking down from above.
Story always loved to try and guess what the affinities were of particular Knights he took interest in. In contrast, Bomb simply liked to admire, keep to himself, and focus on not being overwhelmed by the bustling crowd around him.
Becoming the Spellbook
manga panel quickly turned into
"Hey, what does Knight magic actually look like?
Autumn Strollby Myself
"The two made their way along the trail as the morning light poured in through the leaves, which were blooming with the fresh colors of Autumn. Story was busy admiring the forest around him, often getting distracted and running into the occasional branch or stray rock. Bomb simply kept his eyes to the ground."
Table of Contents
AnatomyA completely average and unevolved Knight, usually those of a magic type, share the anatomy of their human ancestors.
A consistent number of Knights also grow up to have a different form of legs, a kind of peg leg or stump starting just under the knee with a variety of thicknesses.
It’s usually obvious when it happens, their eyes glow way brighter than normal and they draw attention with a burst of chaotic childlike laughter. The tricky part is finding out what caused it.
"It’s usually crystal clear what a young Knight's Affinity will be. Blade’s mother was dreadfully aware of what it was when he ran out of the house and into the forest with a knife, laughing and glowing the entire time. It took her all day to chase him down!"
The Wolf and the Legend Knight
'Twas a tale as ancient as when it was told; When the mighty beast was tamed. 'Twas the Knight of Legend, with a blade of gold; to whom the fame was claimed.