Purpose / Function
- 1850 - Gumdrop Inn founded
- 1900 - Inn cursed and became Raindrop Inn
- 1950 - Magic diminished and became Dewdrop Inn
In 1850 AG, Grover Radcliff decided to retire and leave his inn to his two sons. The sons, Elgen and Edgar had a difference of opinions on how the inn should be run. Edgar left the original inn named the Lemondrop Inn and went across the street and started his own inn and named it the Gumdrop Inn. The inns are still both going strong under the management of their descendents. The relationship between the innss' proprietors are mostly amicable now.
In 1980 AG, a mage by the name of Malingar was staying at the inn. He was dissatisfied with the accommodations and asked for recompense for his complaints. The owner of the inn refused to make good on the unjustified claims of the mage. In retailiation for this affront, Malingar cursed the inn to be perpetually rained upon during the morning hours every day. He also hated mornings and people who dared to be cheerful at that time. So, he thought this to be a just curse. As a side note, Malingar was so notorious that there is actually an inn named for him. It's the Crotchety Mage Inn.
In 1950 AG, the owner was fed up with the rain and the grumpy people so he decided to try to get the curse lifted on the inn. He hired a mage to attempt the lifting. The mage was only partially successful diminishing the rain to a light dew every morning. This was the best he could do as the curse had been an especially powerful one. The inn owner was much happier and it meant that tourism didn't drop because there was still a curiosity.