Umbria has restored a lot of laws from the Santuarian Empire, being a laic government without priesthood representatives on the council. Also, despite being the Uz cult the official religion, other beliefs aren't persecuted.
LawCapital penalty is rare and only applied in the direst circumstances. Helping the victims is the highest priority in the umbrian law, as well as preventing abuses of power. Slavery is illegal. Its forbidden to buy and use slaves, but war prisoners whose ransom isn't paid can be sold to other realms. Weapons right, freedom of expression, proper judgement and inviolability of one's home are considered basic rights. Legal Fraud, the malicious use of legal loopholes, is severely punished.
Demography and Population
Another force is the soldiers and knights the feudal lords can gather, they are loyal indirectly to the Prince due the feudal ties. This force is relatively weak, at least compared to the Aquisgran Empire and the Dawn Kingdom. The Umbrian constitution establishes how many soldiers and knight each lord has to provide to their liege according to the fief size and the size of their personal army but each individual lord can send more forces if they want to.
Another core feature of their army are the mages provided by the Militant Order, in accordance to the treaties that established the priviledges of the University. Better trained than any other nation besides Tenesia these wizards are truly feared as the key to the success of the princedom.
On the other hand, has to be remembered that bishops are feudal lords like any other, with the same rights and duties besides the fact that the title is not inherited but appointed. Such lords are likely to be more gentle towards the more faithful commoners and more harsh towards the heretics.
In practice, the faith of Uz is pretty much dominant but several sazzarire minorities can be found.
Our swords will break our chains
- Founding Date
- Geopolitical, Principality
- Alternative Names
- Umbria Duchy, Banerian Empire
- Formation Type
- Umbrian Fire Squad
- Princess Arsenda III
- Head of State
- Princess Arsenda III
- Government System
- Monarchy, Constitutional
- Power Structure
- Economic System
- The main coins are the Pound, the Silver Crusader and the Money. The Pound is woth 12 Crusaders and the later is worth 20 Moneys.
- Legislative Body
- Umbria is a pactist monarchy, the Great and General Council, together with the Prince, is in charge of drafting umbrian laws. The Council and the Prince must agree to make laws. The Great and General Council, formed by one hundred parliamentarians chosen at random every two years, appoints the Chancellor and the Supreme Ambassador, who can be dismissed in the same way. The Chancellor is the maximum responsible for economic policies and to keep the kingdom's finances in perfect condition. The Supreme Ambassador is responsible for coordinating relations with the outside world. There are four social classes, one of them being the Magisterium, a class in which their individuals belong to one of the other three, although it is important enough to be a class in its own right. A member of the Magisterium may be a representative of the Magisterium or its other establishment but never the two at the same time. Nobility: Composed by the prince, the marchises, barons, chatelaines, and knights. The old aristocracy of Umbria has 30 parliamentarians of the Grand and General Council being the majority force in it. They are 5% of the population. Magisterium: A great power in Umbria, few citizens dare to question the power of universities. This class are represented by no less than 30 parliamentarians. They are 10% of the population. Bourgeoisie: They are the merchant class, although much of the trade falls on the Nobility there is this social class for merchants of great importance but humble birth (although many of them actually work for the Nobility). They have 20 parliamentarians. They are 12% of the population. Commoners: The working class, would represent 78% of the population, they have the remaining 20 parliamentarians
- Judicial Body
- The Supreme Court is the highest judicial body and is chosen by the prince. The High Judge of the Supreme Court is elected by the vote of the Court judges themselves.
- Subsidiary Organizations
- Umbria Peninsula
- Related Ranks & Titles
- Controlled Territories
- Related Items
- Organization Vehicles
- Notable Members
Peace with ocassional war for the islands
Peace with ocasional wars for the domain of some island or trade route
Peace but ocassional war for the islands
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild