Serene Republic of Eol
The government of Eol is the model after the stereotipical Merchant Repubic is made. For that reason, it doesn't deviate an inch from the general system of the republics.
Eol has impresive defenses, with high walls reinforced with iron and a deep moat that surrounds it entirly. Also, the huge number of ships and incredible might of their admirals makes a sea siege almost impossible.
Alongside witha great manufacturing powress, the republic of Eol has a wonderful trade position. Few nations dare to cross the waters of Hyrum and the High Empire is not on the best terms with the realms who follow Uz Cult so most of such realms except Umbrian rely on Eol and other Merchant Republics for adquiring precious goods like the silk and vases of the Moon Empire.
Also Eol has numerous colonies across the Serpent Sea who makes it able to provide with gold, wine, slaves and emeralds. Most of such slaves are elven, human and elisians but they truly rejoice with merfolk slaves, greatly appreciated on Lidas.
Eol has the most powerful navy of the Republics, this along the growing banking of the city makes it the most prominent of the Merchant Republics.
Guilds and Factions
The three most powerful guilds and factions of the city are the following:
- The House of Gold, the richest bank on the entire continent.
- The Sea Company, a powerful family who has monopolized shipwrights in Eol
- Barca Family, they started as an small smithing business, but nowadays they own a lot of diverse business on the entire city
- Southern Enterprises, a family that holds a lot of colonies on the sea.
- Sea Trade Company, the prime rival of Southern Enterprises