Eye of Orin
To help see the wisdom
Wondrous item, artifact (requires attunement) After the failure to claim the Realm of Muncaelo for the giants in the Ingens Era, Orin left on a journey to expand his knowledge. Eventually, he came upon a giant tree, and sensing a divine power from it, he removed his eye from his skull, dropped it into the pool of water and sap that formed at the base of the tree, and drank. Over time, mortals also discovered the tree and coveted for themselves the treasures it possessed. One of these mortals would go on to be known as the first Saint, possessing the Eye of Orin and utilizing its knowledge to aid those who would seek his presence. Random Properties. The Eye of Orin has the following properties:
- 2 minor beneficial properties
- 1 major beneficial property
- 1 minor detrimental property
- You can cast one of the following spells from the eye (spell save 18) by expanding the necessary number of charges: Augury (1 charge), Detect Magic (1 charge), Arcane Eye (2 charges), Clairvoyance (2 charges), and Foresight (7 charges).
- You can expend 4 charges to know the location of Orin, this feature fails if you and Orin are on different planes of existence.
Mechanics & Inner Workings
Having rest within the pools of Yggdrasil's sap, the Eye of Orin had spent millennia absorbing the magical powers of the world tree, transforming into the artifact we know it as today, and grants vast powers over the school of divination.
The Eye of Orin has had a long history, being passed from one persona to another, often being untracable due to its fusion with the eye of its attuned bearer. The first to ever take the eye from teh springs of Yggdrasil, and attune to it became a powerful saint, and help establish the first churches. In recent times however, it is believed that the eye is in the possession of a Great Wyrm, which may spell trouble to come.
Orin sacrificed his eye to gain all the wisdom of the great world tree Yggdrasil, becoming one of, if not the wisest being in Muncaelo. His eye represents a fraction of his power, as well as the extent of his sacrifice for knowledge and wisdom.
Only one Eye of Orin exists within Muncaelo, and Orin has no intention of creating a second one. Because of this, the eye holds a rarity of legendary, ignoring the fact that it is a literal artifact.
6 inch diameter orb
Raw materials & Components
- The Right eye of the Storm Giant; Orin.
- The sap of the world tree; Yggdrasil.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild