Witches are wise ones who see hidden truths. They don’t turn away from the shadows, but instead treat them as a necessary complement to the light that creates them. Witches can talk to spirits, control shadows, and sniff out secrets. Some are dedicated to good, some to selfishness, and some find a balance. While adventuring, Witches may be the face of the group, skilled in manipulating others and clever enough to spot those who would deceive them. They may also become the sneak of the group, using their abilities to enter places others can’t or to gain information. Witches are particularly comfortable in conflict, mastering spells to harm or control others. Inspiring Examples
- Constantine (DC Comics)
- Harry Dresden, Molly Carpenter (Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files)
- Esme Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Magrat Garlick, Agnes Nitt, Tiffany Aching (Terry Pratchett’s Discworld)
- Mark of Dreams (Mark Attribute)
- Mark of Fate (Mark Attribute)
- Esoteric (Feat Trait)
- Peer into Darkness (Stance Technique)
- Witchcraft Kit (Kit Item)
Some witches are born with talents for seeing spirits and reading the hearts of others, while others develop those skills with careful training. Either way, witches study the hidden side of the world. They learn to understand and use their own shadows and those in the world around them. Because of the potential for misuse. Witches usually apprentice to a more experienced witch. These older mentors guide them as they develop the wisdom to withstand temptation and the fortitude to endure the sacrifices needed to strengthen their power.
- Tier 1: Witch
- Tier 2: Sorcerer (Title Attribute)
- Tier 3: Hierophant (Title Attribute)
Most people show witches outward respect but are wary of the secrets they might uncover or the deceptions they may choose to use.