Preachers are clerics who act as a bridge between people and the gods. They interpret the signs of divinity and guide people to better follow their directions. You one part theological scholar, one part fortune teller, one part advocate, and one part counselor. While Adventuring, Preachers may be the scholar of the group, contributing knowledge and wisdom, but they are strongest interfacing with others, representing the party to outsiders. They are also perfectly suited to handling brushes with deities or their avatars and effects.
- Lupe de Cazaril & Umegat (Lois McMaster Bujold’s Curse of Chalion)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull (Richard Bach’s Jonathan Livingston Seagull)
- Mark of Dominion (Mark Attribute)
- Mark of Dreams (Mark Attribute)
- Bless the Supplicants (Ritual Technique)
- Invested by the Church (Feat Trait)
- Ceremonial Kit (Kit Item)
Most preachers learn their craft through scholarly study, either at a seminary that specializes in applied theology or through private tutors and personal study. They may start by learning theology as an abstract subject and then eventually, cautiously learned to interact with the world of the divine. Or they may be chosen or courted by a particular divinity, visited in dreams or stumbling into divine realms and then searching for context, explanations, and control after you survived your first brush with a God.
- Tier 1: Preacher
- Tier 2: Priest
- Tier 3: Prophet