Solitary, exclusionary, highly advanced arachnids that have throughout history consistently held much higher technical capabilities than the rest of Lyxian society, and used it to subtly manipulate events. Not so much xenophobic, but see surface-dwellers as lesser creatures. They deliberately obscure their presence in the Underground and when seen on the surface, appear only as travelers selling oddities, "harmless strangers," deliberately misleading their true capabilities as artificers and machinists.
NAME (primary group)
- Who lives there primarily?
- Who else lives there?
- Are they welcome? Accepted? Ostracized? Subjugated?
- Societal (what kind of society is it? How do people individually live? What type of communal situations?)
- Political (what's their government like? Are they part of a bigger society? Are they a state in a nation?)
- Theological (what do they believe in? Are they magical in any way?)
- Economic (how do they trade for goods?)
- Geography (where in the world do they live?)
- How do they live there? What hardships do they face?
- Region (do they live in a small part of a much bigger place?)
- Settlements (empires, cities, villages, towns, outposts, etc of note)
- Navigation (how do people get around? is there infrastructure? how do supplies move through this place?)
- Origin (how did they get there to begin with?)
- Formative events (what shaped them early on?)
- Responses to events (what changed in the world? How were they involved? What changed about them in response?) Divided by scope:
- Short term, local (immediate, recent past, local goings-on)
- Medium term, Regional (surrounding area, longer-term changes, region-affecting events)
- Long term, global/continential (world-affecting events, national scale changes, distant history)
- Local (how do they get along with their closest neighbors?)
- Regional (how do they get along with everyone else in their region?)
- National/Continential (what about people on the other side of the country? The continent?)
- Outsiders (are they receptive to visitors? Are they isolationists, xenophobic, territorial?)
- Trade (do they trade with others? Who? How much? What do they get out of it?)
- Short term, small/narrow scope (what do they need or want right now? A week from now?)
- Medium term, medium scope (what do they need this month? Next month?)
- Long term, broad scope (what do they need this year? Next year? 10 years from now?)
- Interactions (do the goals of anyone in this society clash with the rest? Are the parts united, or do different people generally want very different things? Describe those relationships between clashing motivations.)
Average technological level
Steel-Singing - metalbending