Content Warning System
Not every article is meant for every reader, or every reading environment. I want to protect people from running into topics that are...
- inappropriate for their age,
- not safe for work,
- triggering personal trauma,
- not to their taste,
- or undesirable for other reasons, such as their current mood.
The Warning Categories
|contains disgusting topics|
|contains sexual topics|
|contains blood, gore or body horror|
|contains mental health topics|
|contains substance abuse|
|contains homophobia, transphobia and related topics|
|contains real-world religions|
|contains slavery or mind control|
|contains torture or organized abuse|
Levels of Severity
|mild - comparable to PG-13 or below|
|serious - for adults only|
- Hovering over the icons will bring up their meaning. So if you don't remember what an icon stands for, can't see the color properly or have other problems identifying the warning, you can read its tooltip.
- Keep in mind that I am not professionally trained in rating content! I may miss cases where warnings are necessary or misjudge their severity. Feel free to point out if a linked article needs a particular warning.
- You can suggest additional warning categories on the Library's discussion boards: Feedback Needed: Content Warning Indicators