Genetics and Reproduction
Via conception, gestation for 9 months, and then birth.
Growth Rate & Stages
- Infancy and Toddlerhood - 5 years
- Childhood - 15 years
- Adolescence - 50 years
- Adulthood - 70+
- Late Adulthood - 140+
Oblong, long, and triangle-shaped faces with straight noses and sharply pointed ears that lean towards the sky. Usually blue or gray eyes although other shades can be found amongst them.
Geographic Origin and Distribution
Arenai are spread through the whole of Kairas. There are a concentration of arenai in the Curious Woods and surrounding area.
Perception and Sensory Capabilities
Arenai cannot typically see in the dark without an additional source of light.
Civilization and Culture
Created by King, Arenai were placed on Kairas to be beautiful, entertaining, and social creatures to accompany the hardworking serious humans. However, the story goes that once the Arenai began to know the humans and the Everlasting Day ended, they evolved into more serious and conscientious people. King abandoned them and over the thousand years since the end of the Everlasting day, the majority have moved away from worshipping King to worshipping who they please and living where they like. Their original home with King is now no longer part of the mainland.
Interspecies Relations and Assumptions
Humans and Arenai view each other, even after all this time, as two sides of the same coin. They see Humans as comparable species and as such there are many many human-arenai pairings with resulting human-arenai offspring. These children are orften called Naians but can also be heard using arenai-human, or human-arenai. Depending on which parent they like the best.
- Average Height
- 4' to 6' feet tall
- Average Weight
- At adulthood, the range is 100lbs - 180lbs
- Average Physique
- Having been crafted from air and puffs of cloudy moisture, Arenai have resistances to elements that are imbued in their natural makeup such as the cold.
- Their skin is icy/cold to the touch. In close proximity, a coldness can waft off them. This doesn't bother them of course.
- They are light weighted people, even if appearances are heavyset. There is a buoyancy about them.
- Body Tint, Colouring and Marking
- Light gray
- Stark, cloud white
- Eggshell when tanned
- Dark mottled gray-skinned
- Related Ethnicities
- Discovered by