Summer Camp 2019 - Ready, set...
Oh boy. Here we go again.July is a special month for WorldAnvil. July is Summer Camp - that one event where the Enchanter team throw together 30 different prompts and we answer them day-by-day. It's sort of like NaNoWriMo, only with prompts. It's also the first major competition I took part in, and I think it's safe to say that the trauma of some of my articles still lingers. Gnome Punting is still regularly brought up on the Discord. I've been referred to as 'the gnome punting lady'. Of course, the other 29 articles I wrote - Heartforge of Iskaldhal, Eskandar Nerezan, and even Aletheia - haven't gone forgotten. Istralar is largely developed for my Pathfinder 1e campaign, and the locations and other shenanigans developed over the course of Summer Camp helped to make the world a richer place for my players over this past year. So, where do we go from here?
Plans for Summer Camp 2019This is a very bold header. It's not really possible to plan for Summer Camp, given its nature as a prompt-based challenge. However, it's possible to mentally prepare. And oh god do you need to prepare. 30 days of writing doesn't sound hard until you realise it's 30 fully-fledged edited and pretty articles all on different topics. Last year, I had the luxury of being in university, meaning I could take much longer for each article. This year? Well, this year Summer Camp clashes with the release of FFXIV's expansion Shadowbringers (which, by the way, is going to consume my life), and I'm also now working full-time.
So needless to say, I'm already trying to figure out to manage this.
In addition, there's also all of the world preparation that needs to be done - you know, custom CSS, containers, sections... things I didn't have last year but will be taking full advantage of this year. Those of you familiar with Istralar will already notice a massive difference in my world's CSS. I've refined the colour scheme a little and updated my fonts. I've also binned the old gradient that I'd thrown on my header and replaced it with a shiny new one. Whilst I don't have too many custom containers, I do have some - and I've also been brushing up on my CSS to be able to do even more if it becomes necessary!