Living Erenel: Roleplaying
Welcome to the Living Erenel Roleplaying article. In this article, we'll breakdown the third major pillar of Living Erenel's D&D/MMO experience, ROLEPLAY!
Roleplaying in Living Erenel represents how your character engages the world between adventures and is one of the most considerable aspects of participated content. The ability to roleplay at any time in the Gamingbrew Discord is a fantastic part of being in Living Erenel. In order to make roleplaying the most enjoyable experience possible for players, it is essential to be aware of the following information.
Characters in Living Erenel are strongly encouraged to create backstories during character creation. However, because Living Erenel is a world with story arcs and multiples adventures, these backstories are not canon. What this means is you are free to roleplay the life of your character leading up to their admission into Living Erenel, but you will not gain any power benefits or influence Living Erenel’s culture with your backstory. You cannot make yourself the daughter of a king or a long lost savior and expect to gain benefits. What you do in Living Erenel with factions, personal quests, and world events will leave your mark on the game!
The following are important formatting rules and best practices when roleplaying in the Gamingbrew Discord. Gamingbrew moderators will help facilitate as necessary.
- Change your nickname in the Gamingbrew Discord to (Living Erenel Character Name) Discord Name. Example: (Rylid) Gamingbrew Rylid is the Living Erenel character, and Gamingbrew is the Discord alias.
- When speaking in character, use "quotation marks" or Bold. Bold can be done by placing two asteriks before and after your dialogue.
- When describing an action or scene, use italics. Italics can be done by placing an asterisk before and after the action in Discord.
- To quickly say something out of character, use (parentheses). Keep in mind, excessive out of character talk will be flagged by a moderator.
- You can only be present in one Roleplay channel at a time. If your character leaves one roleplay channel for another, use in italics (YOUR CHARACTER NAME) EXITS, so other roleplayers know you have left the area. If your character is present in a channel and you want to attract other roleplayers, use in italics (YOUR CHARACTER NAME) ENTERS.
- You will only control your character when roleplaying. For example, if you attempt to persuade a character, the character decides if you were persuasive.
- If players are roleplaying a scene together in a channel, wait until they have finished before beginning your scene.
- Discord tagging a player during roleplay is acceptable and recommended, unless the player asks you to not tag them.
- Roleplay is not considered Canon. However, how you interact with other players in the Living World will undoubtedly have consequences!
Stay up to date with Living Erenel's development by joining our Discord!