At your DM's discretion, you could use the following weapons in your campaign! All weapons have been playtested.
Oversized weapons are uniquely manufactured to be larger and much heavier than their standard versions. These giant weapons deal incredible damage but are extremely difficult to wield correctly due to their increased bulk. As such, you’ll often find the following weapons in the hands of the many Giant races who roam Erenel and the Elemental Planes.
A third proficiency category has been added alongside simple and martial. This category is known as Exotic and requires extensive training to use this weapon type effectively. Proficiency with an exotic weapon allows you to add your proficiency bonus to the attack roll for any attack you make with that weapon. If you make an attack roll using a weapon with which you lack proficiency, you do not add your proficiency bonus to the attack roll.
Butcher CleaverThe blade is closer in appearance to a slab of iron fused to the handle of an ordinary hilt for heavy, crude strikes.
Full BladeAn enormous broadsword with a six-foot-long single-edged blade and handguard bolted onto the blade's edge. Most handles are wrapped in brown leather to help with grip while wielding the weapon.
GuandaoA polearm with an elongated heavy blade at the end allows for wide swinging strikes at reach.
Mini BallistaA modified heavy longbow which fires standard arrows at high velocity thanks to its pull weight. Archers able to comfortably draw with the weapon can take advantage of their strength with each shot.
Pig StickerA long hafted weapon with a backward-facing serrated hook allows for deep wound attacks that are difficult to mend.
Shoulder CannonA makeshift cannon that can be mounted on your shoulder. This special firearm uses gunpowder to propel iron casted balls at destructive speeds. The shoulder cannon does not suffer disadvantage when firing at an adjacent target.
Titan MaulA long handled hammer with an oversized heavy iron head, the Titan Maul's size allows for heavy two handed swings.
Rules to RememberWith the introduction of new weapon and armor properties, a friendly clarification and reminder on specific rules.
- Bleed does not take effect if you only damage temporary hit points.
- Momentum only applies for the next attack in that round and not all remaining attacks in the same round. Any attacks after the use of Momentum will be rolled normally.
- The Living Erenel feat Giant's Grip does not apply to wielding weapons with the Oversized property due to it requiring more than the original Two-Handed property.
Oversized Weapon MasterPrerequisite: Strength 17 or higher
- Increase your Strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Gain proficiency in one exotic weapon of your choice.
- Before making a melee attack with an oversized weapon that you are proficient, you can choose to make the attack without subtracting 5 from the attack roll. If the attack hits, subtract 10 to the damage roll (minimum of 1 damage total.)