Chatterers are a strange subset that can come from any class of the Ratfolk. These tend to be religious zealots that have completely given themselves to the lord of Disease. They wonder the streets of the their citadel with an incessant chattering, a chaotic sermon to Scrios, his many gifts, and the great purpose of the Ratfolk to bring his blessings to the world.
Culture and cultural heritage
Chatterers tend to live mostly among the Vermin populace, it is considered good fortune to give charity unto the Chatterer, to bring future good scavenging and fortune, as well as to make them go away and chatter elsewhere.
Shared customary codes and values
Chatterers tend to live mostly by the good graces of others charity, or a desire to simply make the incessant noise of their sermons stop.
Common Etiquette rules
Chatterers are treated with some reverence but also often avoidance. While they can bring the blessings of Scrios, they are incessant, loud and annoying, so many will simply attempt to avoid them. Those who do not however avoid them are expected to give offerings for Scrios's favor.
Common Dress code
Chatterers tend to ware rags or anything they can find or can be gifted to them. They will usually remain in the garments till they are nothing but filth binding bits of fiber, dirty by even Ratfolk standards.
Art & Architecture
Chatterers will often "sing" their incessant prayers thruough a citadel. They are also known to smear filth and mire in elaborate murals to give Scrios gift to thsoe who pass by,
- Like the dead: Chatterers in their squalid conditions can if in great danger play dead. In this state their breathing seems to stop and they will appear lifeless. These ratfolk may roll stealth with an additional +5 bonus to play dead, and are not impacted by any ACP for this roll. It may also be used in opposition to a heal check made to investigate them in such a state.
- Treacherous Ally: These Vermin gain the Ally Shield Teamwork feat.
- Skilled Alchemist: Many ratfolk elite spend their time plying at potions and alchemical creations, these ratfolk gain a +2 racial bonus to craft Alchemy.
- Plague Bringer: Chatterers can leave their plague mark nearly anywhere. Spending 2 actions and making a heal check these ratfolk may contaminate food, an object, or an item for 2d6 hours. The heal check must be higher then the DC of the disease to contaminate the target. Anyone who consumes or comes into contact with the infected item must make a fortitude save.
- Diseased: Some Ratfolk have been infected for so long their strain of a disease has become more virulent. Gain +2 to the DC of the chosen disease
- Infectious: These Chatterers have become skilled at imparting their masters gifts to others. Against an unwilling target who can defend themselves a touch attack must be made. The Chatterer may make a heal check, this roll becoming the DC to avoid contracting the disease.
- Swarming: Ratfolk are used to living and fighting communally, and are adept at swarming foes for their own gain and their foes’ detriment. Up to two ratfolk can share the same square at the same time. If two ratfolk in the same square attack the same foe, they are considered to be flanking that foe as if they were in two opposite squares.
- Diseased Blades: Chatterers may apply diseases to weapons like a poison. These weapons deal an additional 3 damage like poison if the target fails their save. The DC of the disease is increased by 1 for contacting open wounds.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild