Featherfall, besides its success as one of the most safe cities on the island, also has a flourishing music scene. This is because of the presence of Birds, which if trained, can sing in coordination with humans, creating symphonies much more complex, with more depth and an overall more appealing sound.
The Dark Side of the city however is its isolation from the outside world. Although typically, each citizen in Featherfall must respect the others, leaving the city, even if for a short period, will cause many to look down on you. After centuries of the Canyon protecting and providing citizens with the luxury of feeling safe, away from the worlds' harm, leaving it shows the lack of respect and gratitude for the city, which made this practice become taboo. However, this does not mean other inhabitants of the Island may not enter the city, for they are allowed to do so, however, Traders and Travelers must state how long they're staying in a small pamphlet which must be present on them at all times. If this is not done, entering the city is illegal UNLESS you become an official citizen, which is not a good thing unless you plan to stay, as a bounty will be put on you for leaving the city afterwards,
The Laws of Featherfall
- Any avian creature present in Featherfall shall be treated with the utmost respect and be cared for. Any physical harm, or intentional mishandling will be punished with life in the Catacombs.
- The collection and use of another citizen's bird feathers [unless with their permission] is illegal and will be punished with a fine raging from 25.000 - 350.000 Talons based on the amount of feathers collected
- The use of a Wind's Edge to cut someone's bond without their permission is considered an action equal to murder and is punishable with life in the Catacombs.
- Intentional and Unintentional killing of someone holds the same sentence, resulting in the remaining life of the person being lived in the Catacombs.
- Vandalism in any way shape or form can lead to structural problems which can affect the entire city, fines range from 15.000 - 4 million Talons based on the severity along with the repairing or cleaning up of said acts.
- Illegal production of Wind's Edge can cause many problems which could lead to city-destroying events. Any unauthorized maker or seller is punished with 45 years in the Catacombs.
Featherfall has a number of important functions which keep the city running.
A small portion of the canyon is lined with quarries and ladders in order to mine and find ores keeping the cities economy running.
Featherfall is of course lined with sturdy bridges and perches for birds and humans alike.
A valuable asset of Featherfall is Wind's Edge. Its a knife forged out of Runestone and Silver created to be able of severing the bond between a human and an animal. Severing a bond can have many dangerous side effects, as having the spark heavily slows down aging, once a bond is severed along with the spark, the victim might very quickly age. This works in reverse for the animals, as they will quickly be 'reborn' returning to a young age often resembling 2 or so months after birth in physical age. In order to not waste the life of birds, old members of families might surrender their animal to a younger, spark-less member of the family by severing their ties with the animal and then creating a bond between it and the other member.
Featherfall is mostly made out of wood and other lightweight materials. While the houses are often simple yet colorful in nature, the bridges are are very well-engineered in order for quick, easy, and reliable travel across the Canyon .
- Founding Date
- Alternative Name(s)
- Canyon of Chirps
- Inhabitant Demonym
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild