Once ruled by elves, Tucapon was conquered by the Denmorian Kingdom 117 years ago. The elven King and Queen were slaughtered, but rumours persist that their two children survived. Tucapon is now ruled by a family closely tied to the royal human bloodline through marriage, supported by nobles from the surrounding areas. It is currently governed by Eresin Duval, the Lord Mayor, who oversees the city administration with growing paranoia. Despite hiring an aarakocra as a diplomatic advisor, he has no interest in forging closer relations with the aarakocra clan in the mountains, only ensuring that things remain as they are—under Denmorian rule. Much of the original elven architecture has survived, but there are traces of the battle still scattered about, such as the demolished statues of elven gods, only their stone feet left standing on rooftops or the sides of buildings. Fragrant orange trees and beautiful blossom trees used to populate the city, planted by elven King Maldor to "ripen the air with a sweetness that should overpower any unwashed pungencies", but these were all burned during the conquest. Currently, after the elves attempted to revolt against the establishment during the Festival of the Heart, the elvish citizens have been segregated to Eastern Low Town. Only those with a passport of pardon are allowed to leave, and even then, they must return by curfew.
Fauna & Flora
- Sally Leaves
The city’s wealth is founded in its rich moonstone mines, its goby fishing, and for the staunch horses bred in the surrounding foothills. Waterfalls:
- Ralehr Cascades—the highest and largest waterfall feeding into the city, flowing around the Water Palace before it tumbles, as if the palace is suspended in water and cannot be swept off the edge.
- Marble Falls—the next tier of waterfalls flowing under the affluent Crystal Heights district.
- Onyx Falls—the next tier of waterfalls flowing under and around the most prominent parts of the city, such as the banks, the theatre, the hospital, the holy house, the Academy of Noble Arts, the Glass Library and more.
- Sunny Point Rapids—fast-flowing waters that separate the main city from the moonstone mines and Western Low Town
- The Narrow Rapids—these vicious waters tumble between Eastern and Northern Low Town, flowing from the Onyx Falls