Weapon (Longsword), artifact (requires attunement) Magic Weapon. The Skofnung Sword is a magic weapon that grants a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. The sword also functions as a Undead Destroyer (reflavored Dragon Slayer), a Sword of Wounding, and a Vicious Weapon
- Undead Destroyer (Dragon Slayer):When you hit an undead creature with this weapon, the creature takes an extra 3d6 damage of the weapon's type
- Sword of Wounding: Once per turn, when you hit a creature with an attack using this magic weapon, you can wound the target. At the start of each of the wounded creature's turns, it takes 1d4 necrotic damage for each time you've wounded it, and it can then make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw, ending the effect of all such wounds on itself on a success. Alternatively, the wounded creature, or a creature within 5 feet of it, can use an action to make a DC 15 Wisdom (Medicine) check, ending the effect of such wounds on a success.
- Vicious Weapon: When you roll a 20 on your attack roll with this magic weapon, the target takes an extra 7 damage of the weapon’s type.
- Blessings of the Noble. If you are royalty attuned to the sword, you gain the following benefits
- Steel of a Warrior. While attuned to the artifact, you can't be charmed or frightened
- Haste. You can use an action to touch the sword to the intended target and cast the spell haste. You can’t use this property again until the next dawn.
- True Sight. You can use an action to touch the sword to the intended target and cast the True Seeing spell. You can't use this property again until 3 days have passed.
- The Curse of Ignorance. The sword bears a curse that affects any non-noble that becomes attuned to the sword. While attuned to the artifact, you become blinded and deafened when you are at least 10 feet away from the sword.
- Destroying the Sword. The only way to destroy the sword is to stab the Heart of Obsidian which will destroy both the heart and the sword
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild