Path of Cynosure
The history of the Cynosure and the Cynics is long and sometimes complicated. Firstly, the people don't consider it a church at all, to them it's a way of life. It's how you make all the major decisions and sometimes even small decisions. The organization is controlled by the Kyren Assembly and has become increasingly more bureaucratic through the Phases. Several events have also altered the power structure and the division of power within the city. This is the current structure within the Beacons. There is one Beacon in every Cavern and each does have slight differences, but most have the same overall design.
The Kyren are the religious leaders of Crevice. There is one for every Stratum and meet at the Kyren Assembly once a year. Once selected, they serve for 20 years. Once selected, their faces are cloaked in darkness to represent their bond to the Cynosure. This doesn't hide their identities, just their faces.
The Kyren is considered the head of the government. The office of the Kyren will go over every law passed by the council and has a veto power over any law. The Kyren are selected by the Kyren Assembly which is when all the Kyren meet once a year. The Kyren are usually selected from prominent figures in the church of that particular Strata. Kyren are selected for 20 year terms.
The Kyren reside at the Beacon (primary church on each Strata). They are considered the head of the government, although they are rarely involved in the implementation of laws. Their primary role in the government is to review laws passed by the Strata Council. They can protest any law they feel would interfere in Beacon business. The Kyren are responsible for organizing the many religious holidays and events. They also create the Guidance Centres throughout the Stratum, which help the people in their Cycle to Cycle lives.
Beacons:Beacons are the administrative centers for each Kyren and have their own structures.
- Apprentices: Selected by the Kyren to learn and possibly become one in the future. May also be invited to the Kyren Assembly.
- Keepers: Responsible for organizing and safekeeping all the knowledge of the Cynosure
- Seers: Responsible for documenting the visions and dreams heard and debated in the Guidance Centers.
- Scribes: Responsible for organizing holidays and events with local Guidance Centers.
- Counters: Responsible for tracking the use of Chips (money) within the Beacon
- Cloaks: Responsible for tracking rumors overall mood of the people.
- Religious, Divine Host
- Subsidiary Organizations
- Related Ranks & Titles
- Notable Members
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild