The Meta of Corive
Where Lyraine rants and rambles - this is fine
As Corive crawls from its medieval era with the construction of living machines and cannons, traditions of who rules society have shifted. Where the beacon of magical education shines, the corrupt politicians trade deals in its shadows. The ancient ruins of the eradicated dragon cultists are plundered to fuel wars and shift policies to the whims of their patrons.Will you be the Dwarven leading troops to war, the charismatic Catfolk(renameneeded) tying poltical knots, the Orc scholar finding the cracks within the world? Or maybe you are the Elven magictechnician building the machines of progress, the Human archeologist looking for the lost treasures, or the Dragonblood hiding from those who would hunt you down?
Why am I creating Corive?
What do I want out of Corive?
What is the Hook for Corive? What makes Corive unique?
What is Corive's Genre?
What is Corive's Mood?
What level of Character Agency is there in your world?
What is your scale?
From the Player's Perspective, what is the world scale?
What is the theme?. . . Pardon me while I go scream.
The Meta ConceptsYou may ask that I pick 3-5, but I have difficulty picking from the list unless I write down what I have for each category. I refuse to accept being concise. Have some word-vomit text walls of Classic Lyraine Rambling Pre-Edit
What are your major conflicts?
What are the Minor Conflicts?Finger snap to Finger Guns hand gesture Not sure if I should move the "What the people of X need from each other" here or not.
What are the rules of Corive?
- There is Magic, and magic users can teach each other. Some have an easier time teaching certain mages than other kinds of mages.
- All Pantheons are True
What is the cosmology of Corive?
- Corive is a hollow world, and the world's core is made up of magic. Magic is the core of the world, but magic is also souls. All souls have magic to them, allowing anyone to have the ability to learn some form of magic by default. Some souls have more magical affinity than others
- Corive is a dream.
What is the geography of Corive?I keep vague about the exact geographic descriptions because I'm still working on making a world map I like.
Northern and North-west Soplas, generally called Theydim, is a colder region with flat lands between the rifts and a handful of mountains before the western coast of the subcontinent, where a mountain range climbs up to see the world.
Southern Soplas is a warmer region that used to receive more rain in the ancient days of the Adrakian Empire. However, it becomes a wasteland as the inhabitants turn towards technology to keep themselves alive. Goltheris is an exploration in desertification as well.
The following maps will load up off-center
Initial size of the campaign?
People and their History
Who used to live in Corive?
Who used to or currently lives in Soplas, and what's their history?
- There are still Adrakian Empire ruins, but there are also some ruins that seem older and of different cultures.Thydians generally consider themselves as people of their Arling before thinking of themselves as Thydians, unless out among non-Thydians.Theydim has rarely had a High King, feeding into the disassociation between older individuals presently struggling to call themselves Thydians before thinking of their respective arling as the name for their identity.
Feroia - an Arling of Theydim, there are Adrakian ruins, but also ruins of seemingly elven origin in the southern parts. The land is heavily forested as the province goes in the north-western mountains of the range along the western shore of Soplas.
Tormyra also used to be a part of The Adrakian Empire and is ruled over by their royal family. In the ancient past, the Elves migrated from the lowlands to Tormyra. However, the reason has been forgotten under the rule of the Adrakian Empire, as well as records of who had lived in Tormyra previously.Elves tend to live long lives (200). So their population is smaller than the population of Humans and other peoples (most have a lifespan of about 80-150 years) who live in Tormyra. Still, elves are generally seen in positions of power and rank. Many humans live in Tormyra now, leading to a growing population of Half-Elves.Tormians are generally wary of drastic changes. Still, their high elven population has led to a general consensus that caution is the best direction for survival, not brash action.
- The Five Cities Region to be further developed
- Goltheris to be further developed
- The Contested Lands to be further developed