Ashentine Mage School
One of the Daurellian Mage Schools. Also known as Mage Knights. One of the 4 Mage Schools that were signatories to the Arikhel Accords. They are organized in a militaristic hierarchy. The Grand-Master heads the school, supported and elected by a Council of Marshals. Next are the Master Knights, from who the Marshals are chosen. A Grand-Master is often chosen from within the Council of Marshals but it is not unheard of for a Master Knight to be elected Grand-Master instead. Below the Master Knight tier are the Knights. These are often support the Master Knights when they are sent on missions. Generally those who are newly finished their training as Squires but do not have a lot of experience. Finally there are the Squires. Each Master Knight, can take a squire to train. That Squire will spend over a decade serving the Master Knight. Each "Squire" must be approved by the Council of Marshals. Each Mage Schools only remembers a small number of spells from the time of the Imajhai. And the spells are significantly weaker as the correct pronunciation and phrasing has become corrupted over time. The Ashentine Mage School know/remember 9 "Spells". Spells that mainly focus on enhancing their battle prowess.
- Kalitos (Harden Skin Spell) - The First spell all Ashentine Mage Knights learn. Used to harden the skin, often around the hands and arms, making them immune to cuts and slashes and even enabling them to catch an opponents blade with their bare hands. Masters can even use it to harden the skin of their entire body, making it fireproof or lightningproof for a short time.
- Dienos (Minor Healing Spell) - A Spell that heals cuts and stops bleeding. Cannot heal broken bones or illness. But if the Mage Knight is skilled enough, can turn a fatal strike to a minor injury. (Healing a heart strike as it happens to prevent it being fatal).
- Maras (Fast Movement Spell) - A spell that increases speed for a short period. Under this spell they are able to run as fast as a Cheetah and react almost instantly. This spell is very draining, both mentally and physically.
- Reitos (Jump Spell) - A spell that does it as it says. Enables an Ashentine Mage Knight to jump to high places, jump forward or jump backwards.
- Torica (Spike Spell) - A spell that causes long bony spikes to erupt from the body of the caster. It can be a single spike, like a long spike that erupts from a hand to impale a foe, or multiple smaller spikes that erupt from the back or shoulders to impale someone striking from behind.
- Aimos (Duplicate Spell) - A spell that creates an illusionary duplicate of the caster that mimics everything they do except it deals no damage
- Zepida (Dagger Seek Spell) - A spell that enables the caster to control a thrown dagger/weapon to strike it's target. Even enabling it to go around corners.
- Helot (Water Proof Spell) - A Minor spell to make liquids roll of the body of the caster. Mainly functions to keep the rain off.
- Triat Zepeida (Three Blades Spell) - A powerful spell that enables two swords to mirror the sword the caster is wielding. If the caster is skilled enough, he/she can manipulate each sword to function independently.