Session 14: A Bloody War of Conflict Report
13th of Roelir Continued The group after taking some time to have some dinner, or at least those who went back to the inn anyway, they separated in order to look into a few things. Fargrim grabbed Xeldarix bag and an apple and cinnamon pie before heading back to the Mage's Guild while Karl and Reign went shopping. Lily who was left at the Mage's Tower with Xeldarix cleaned themselves up. Lily grabbed a book for research and used Animal Messenger to try and contact Dill. Fargrim and Lily
- Lily inquires with Fargrim about Dill and Holly, but he informs her that he did not see them.
- Xeldarix thanks Fargrim for getting her stuff and apologises for not being able to prevent the banishing incident.
- Xeldarix reveals there is a chance that something came through at the temple she was hiding in when she teleported to Lily earlier that day.
- They eat pie.
- Lily tells Fargrim about Xeldarix going through a blood illness right now. Steve and Lily are helping with some of the symptoms temporarily with their healing prayers. Fargrim offers his help as well.
- Looking through the Heart's Eye Lily and Fargrim can see Xeldarix's wings on the Ethereal plane as well as the distortion around her heart. Fargrim invites Xeldarix to see the distortion herself in a mirror after she reveals she can see her wings but not the distortion.
- Looking through the gem at herself causes Xeldarix to black out and convulse. Lily and Fargrim consult a book to try and figure out if this connects to her blood illness, but they are unsure. Steve gets Xeldarix on her side before she chokes on her own blood and Fargrim helps with keeping her airway clear.
- Xeldarix's wings came back to this plane and the distortion through the gem on her heart changed to a solid golden light. Xeldarix is unable to control her languages when attempting to communicate. Starting with celestial, moving to infernal and eventually getting back to Brecht.
- Once Xeldarix is stable, Fargrim leaves and heads back to the inn to have a chat with Lyra before bed.
- They go to a blacksmith shop called the Rusty Nail which is owned by a Vos man named Raslomov. He greets Karl with excitment and shows the pair his only enchanted weapon which was never picked up after commission. A moon touch greatsword. Reign was not convinced by it and Raslomov told them that Captain Galloway had a weapon he was selling.
- Upon arriving at the Watch HQ to see Galloway Karl is tackled by a young woman, sending them both to the ground. This is Simone Dread who seems to know Karl, but the feeling isn't mutual. Galloway apologises and the four go to his office, Simone dragging Karl over to see her drawings. She acts like a child despite having the body of a 19 year old.
- Simone does not look people in the eye. Instead looking just off one of their ears.
- Simone and Karl talk while they are drawing together, he noticed something peculiar about Simone and used this chance to draw out his circle needed to cast identify before looking at Simone. He detects she has some things active on her but his attention is quickly stolen by the voices he can suddenly hear whispering around him. He's unable to make out what they're saying but it becomes apparent that Simone is reacting to them.
- Reign and Galloway discuss the weapon he's selling before he leaves to go get it. They learn that Simone had escaped house arrest. With her Uncle and Guardian busy for the day, Galloway looked after Simone for the day. Simone speaking in circles and riddles when Reign talks to her. They do confirm that Simone was the one doing the writing in the sewers.
- Simone reacts badly when one of the whispers scream but both Karl and Reign are there to comfort her. Pink fire appears around her, which Karl recognises and thaumaturgy. Simone shows them a special page in her book. It has a picture of someone who looked like Reign sleeping next to it. There is writing in a language reign doesn't understand. There are woman's cartoon lips with fangs peaking out. A cage with a blacked out body in it. And flowers filling in a lot of the free space with writing everywhere. She started the drawing two weeks ago. Later Karl reveals the writing to be Draconic.
- Writing says: "Take the she wolf to see the he wolf for tea and scones", "Lady Sasha is locked away like me but it's guarded by her self", "She wolf sick", "The Reign will fall if she goes back to lady Sasha without the scary she wolf", "Uncle knows what I am. He's asked those without chains to make me theirs", "I will die if they die", "Short priest will hurt the wild Lily flower if she gets her to hurt the she wolf", "Hi Karl".
- Galloway brings back the weapon and Reign buys it for 10,000 gold.
- Simone heals Karl for 7 hit points.
- Keith Dread shows up and is aggressive when he comes to pick up Simone. Karl challenges Dread on his view of Simone's situation telling the room about her magical abilities. Galloway is surprised while Dread is not and is instead looking mad this has been revealed.
- Karl and Reign offer to walk the Dreads home.
- Simone takes her medicine which starts to affect her partway home on the walk. She has been taking this medicine for the past 3 years.
- Dread and Reign talk on the way to the Dread household. He reveals many of his colleges were killed in Poden (implied they were Xeldarix's victims) and a disobedient subordinate had him very busy today.
- Kate Dread is taking over Simone's role/responsibility inheritances as it had been approved today in time for Kate's birthday tomorrow. Reign talks Dread into inviting Karl to the party tomorrow and if catering will allow for Reign to go as well.
- Karl reveals when they get back to Galloway that Simone is most likely having premonitions.
- Galloway is looking to challenge Dread for his guardianship over Simone as Galloway is her Godfather.
- He reveals that Simone's parents died in a fire 10 years ago. She hasn't been the same since. She is considered mentally unwell. She spoke in tongues for the first few years after the fire.
- Galloway tells both of them that regardless of if they are dealing with a possible fake Lady Sasha or trying to connect Dread to any illegal activity.
- They arrange for an hour where Reign can attune to her new weapon and Karl can go buy fancy robes.
- Karl heads for the closest nice tailor he knows which is near the Mage's Guild.
- A monster runs out of the ally as he walks past and tries to grab Karl, he dodges to the side.
- The creature has the torso and head of Holly conjoined at hip with a terrifying spider-like creature. It's a larger demonic looking version of the Drider Karl had seen the other night.
- Karl immediately runs for the Mage's Guild, grateful the creature isn't as fast as the driders.
- It's at this awkward moment that Karl remembers a warning he had received from Xeldarix about travelling alone.
- Karl makes it safely to the guild with creature bouncing off the wards.
- Karl reveals what happened to Lily.
- They discuss the possibility that Holly is becoming an Awnshegh.
- Lily tells Karl about the ritual she found to destroy bloodlines in people.
- Karl reveals what Simone had written in Draconic.
- Lily reveals that Fulda's people tried to kidnap her earlier but she made it back within the wards in time.
- Xeldarix looked to be resting throughout this whole encounter.
- Karl fills Reign in on what happened.
- They go to talk to the pirate, Albrecht Graben. He is very rude to them, annoying Karl who immediately tries to threaten Albrecht with some stealthy magic. Albrecht is unfazed by this and just mocks them more.
- Albrecht is wanted for rape, treason, murder and theft.
- They threaten him with execution in the morning, he laughs at them and reveals his bloodmark and why he's so confident they're lying. Karl can tell he's of the Vorynn bloodline based on the mark being a green chameleon. He was born with this bloodline and ability, but did admit to having gained some of the years.
- Blooded criminals are killed with invited lords/ladies present to absorb the bloodline without risking it going to waste or the unworthy.
- Reign tries the magical abilities of her new weapon on Albercht but he shrugs it off.
- Albrecht gives them nothing but encourages them to come back and try again when they actually have something to offer him in future.
- They briefly go see Lily before heading back to the inn.
- Displeased to hear about Karl's solo adventure Xeldarix insists on leaving the guild to try and track what she believes is a demon.
- They end up at the Sapphire Thorn having breakfast waiting for the others to wake.
Possible invites to Dread birthday event
- The Puzzle of Demons - Failed
- Save the Seer, Save the World - Given
- Lady Rakshasa - Lady Sasha found but not yet saved
- Holly's Delmar - More information found but unclear as to what is the case
- Talk like a Pirate - No progress but possible to come back to.
- How to save a devil - Xeldarix continues to slowly recover with aid of many of the party.
Character(s) interacted with
- Attached to Karl
- Trusts Reign
- Discovered to have magic and be a seer
- Found to be in between a rock and a hard on many issues due to his position as Lord of the Watch.
- Confides in Reign and Karl and trusts them to help take care of somethings.
- Has a variety of characters come check on her and offer assistance.
- After hearing about Karl decides she can't afford more rest days without a demon in the city.
Blood Illness, Raslomov, The End, Bloodline Rituals (Transfer, Destruction and Protection), Seer Origins
|Name||XP||Running Total||Level at end of session|
Level 7 Human (Brecht) Neutral Good Wizard
46 / 46 HP
Level 8 Elf Chaotic Neutral Ranger
/ 53 HP
Level 7 Rjuven Half Elf CN Druid
72 / 72 HP
Level 8 Dwarf Lawful Good Cleric
59 / 64 HP
26 Jul 2020
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild