One diamond, hold the burnout, please!
Summer camp is completed! (Ignore the fact that it's been completed for over a week now, I was taking a week off xD)
Before I get into how it went for me and my thoughts on it, how did it go for you? Did you do things in a healthy way and achieve your goal? No burnout occured, right? Now is the time to keep that momentum going :D
So I want to take a look at what worked for me, what didn't work, and what I achieved this month! How was it different from the last two summer camps that I did? And what should I take into next years?
This year I didn't really prep at all for summer camp -- at least not in the way I had before. In prior years, I had completed things like meta documents, world primers, introductory articles and things like that. I'm not sure if it's because I already have some of those set up for Cathedris, or I just wasn't feeling it this year, but nothing like that really happened.
What I did do is write a "core" article, God-husks
, leading up to summer camp. And then I also got into a bunch of CSS work in setting up "Stormbril's CSS add-ons!
" that would prove useful for some of my summer camp articles.
Thinking about it now, I definitely did prep for summer camp -- just instead of world primers and art prep, I did connecting articles and CSS prep.
I went in knowing I'd be having a busy month -- some entire weeks were taken up by camping with family, where I'd have no internet access to write. I also went in knowing that the last 2 SCs I did burnt me out entirely. So this year I went in with a goal of writing smaller articles! Overall, it appears to have been a successful goal -- though I still did write a teeny tiny bit more than I had hoped. My goal was to write somewhere around 500-700 words per article, and I ended up with an average word count of 730 across my 31 articles.