"Many tragedies should never be forgotten, though some tragedies refuse to be."
The Void Walkers number in the thousands, though they are seldom seen beyond the borders and fringes of the Blighted lands. They wander there, shuffling along within the blackness, all that remains of the once proud nation of Seanachai. These are the animated remains of those people, unable to find rest within the swirling dark of the Blight that wiped them out so long ago.
The Void Walkers are the drained and battered corpses of Seanachaisian people caught in the Blight when it was called down. The energies of the Void not only stripped them of their lives and destroyed their spirits, but reanimated their remains as if to add insult to injury.
These creatures are entirely animated and controlled by the Void and the forces which reside there. This control cannot be wrested from the outside by any means, and no external stimuli will alter their course of action once put into motion. The substance of the void fills each corpse, allowing them to spew forth a concentrated amount of Void energy from their mouths once per round. Upon taking enough damage to become no longer ambulatory, the creature will release the remaining negative energy creating a violent and explosive reaction in a 15' radius, dealing 4d10 negative energy to all in the area. A successful dexterity save can reduce this by half. For the following 2 rounds, the area of the detonation is filled with an infectious cloud that poses the 5% risk of any living creatures within it to become infected with Blight Sickness.
Ecology and Habitats
The Void Walkers hold a natural propensity to form "herds". The herd can occupy another creature's space and vice versa, and the herd can move through any opening large enough for a medium humanoid. The herd can't regain hit points or gain temporary hit points. Those caught within the herd must make an athletics or acrobatics skill check for each 5' space they try to escape through to get away, but for every space moved through, they incur an attack of opportunity from every side occupied by the herd.
Perception and Sensory Capabilities
- Darkvision 60'
- Medium Undead, Unaligned
- Armor Class 10
- Hit Points 26(4d8 + 10)
- Speed 20'
- STR 14 (+2)
- DEX 6 (-2)
- CON 16 (+3)
- INT 3 (-4)
- WIS 6 (-2)
- CHA 5 (-3)
- Damage Immunities Poison, Void
- Condition Immunities Poisoned, Charmed, Frightened, Paralyzed
- Senses Darkvision 60', Passive Perception 8
- Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
- Undead Fortitude. If damage reduces the zombie to 0 hit points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5 + the damage taken, unless the damage is radiant or from a critical hit. On a success, the zombie drops to 1 hit point instead.
- Diseased. Any successful attack that breaches the skin adds a possible 5% chance that the victim will fall ill with Blight Sickness.
- Claw. Melee Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5', one target. Hit: 4 (1d6 + 1) slashing damage.
- Spew. Ranged Attack: +4 to hit, reach 15'cone. Hit5 (4d10) negative energy damage.
Void Walker Herd
- Armor Class 7
- Hit Points 220 (21d12 + 83)
- Speed 20'
- Claw. Melee Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5', one target. Hit: 14 (4d6) slashing damage. A target that is hit is then immediately subjected to a grapple attack. A herd may attack any amount of targets within reach or within the swarm itself. If the hit points of the swarm is reduced by half, then reduce the damage by half (2d6).
- Grapple. Following a successful hit, the target is grappled (escape DC 15). Until this grapple ends, the creature is restrained, and the herd can constrict another target.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild