Work in progress!
Festival of the Rusty Pipe
The campaign is taking place in the world of Alana (overview here) on the Western Continent of Boresia, in the human founded Farenian Empire. The current location is the trade city of Bridgeport, the capital of Bridgeport County. It is the fourth month of the year, and the summer is just trying to build up the heat. Nights are still getting cold. The citizens of Bridgeport are preparing for a week-long carnival-like celebration called the Festival of the Rusty Pipe. The city is overflowing with people, it is noisy all day and most of the night, and even more people are arriving every hour either by boat, by cart from Holinda or by foot. A few lucky people with enough money in their pockets have taken an airship of the Royal Airship Company of Farenia, arriving from Farenia's capital Queenshaven or the elven capital Olena Ora. Moving through the streets is hard work, as people cover every square of it. Merchants are selling their wares, shouting above the noise, beggars see their chance for acquiring a little bit of wealth, and numerous people are losing some possession to thieves who happily cut off purses unseen in the crowded city.
Dramatis personaeThat is you! You arrive from your village nearby to watch what this fuss is all about. Everyone is talking about it, but no one has ever seen it, as it only happens once in 50 years.
Default character creation rules apply.
- Choose your species.
- Show me 5E Player content Show me Conan Player content
- Also, think about the following topics. Those will flesh out your character and help other players to build proper relationships and help the DM to construct stories and plots around your hero.
- Whom do you know, friend and foe? Family? Allies? Spouse?
- What happened in the past?
- Do you have any quirks? Examples, more examples
- Three short term goals: Want a stronger armour? Want to learn how to lockpick? Those should get filled up again, once done.
- One to three mid term Goals: What would you like to do? Become a great fighter? Invent a machine never seen before? Find the woman of your dreams? Those should be resolvable after a dozen or more session, to be replaced by new ones. Examples, more examples
- One to two long term goals: This is what drives you. Do you want to cleanse the world from all evil? Do you want to become a god? Overthrow a crazed king?
- Describe your character a bit. Here are some examples, choose a handful of them: character creation questions
- Do you have a connection to another character of the party already? Ideas for that see the two tables below. For some things, you might want to talk to the other player first (you cannot just set "xy is a murderer and I saw him do it" for someone else)
- Do you have any secrets you do not want to share publicly? Murdered someone? Stole something? Got falsely accused and arrested? Fled from your spouse?
- We are playing to have fun. If certain things get boring for you or if you have ideas how the story could/should develop, or if there is anything you might be interested in, tell me. Things can get adjusted. :)
- Important: Consent in gaming! Is there anything you do not want to see happen at all in the game, that enrages you to no end or triggers you? Tell me. I will keep it secret and avoid the topic in the campaign..
one day I'm going to invite my friends to play dnd and I'm going to use your world because it's amazing!
I have an idea about a campaign over the titans. Do you have discord so we can discuss this idea? My discord user is YeetusDeletus#3791
Sure, coming back to you. :)
I recently changed it to MamaMia#3791 due to a dare