Title of knighthood to those who fight for Archana
"Noble warrior, you who have survived countless foes, you, who have led the Wardens and inspired bravery in everyone's hearts. Indeed a worthy descendant of Lady Amice. For your deeds of bravery to the kingdom and your devotion to the crown, I, King Abraham II, am honored to dub you 'Ser Achard Lionhart'."
In the Kingdom of Archana, exceptional individuals are properly rewarded by their deeds. One such reward is the title of Ser/Lady, or Knight, granted to those who are devoted to helping the land politically or militarily.
While there are no specific requirements for someone to be knighted, they must be particularly great at what they do and stand out among others. Maybe a particularly good commander, a fearless warrior, an inspiring leader... Anyone who stands out to the ruler of the kingdom.
Only the King/Queen may grant this title. The ceremony is short, with them giving a speech and handling the subject the documents while they repeat an oath of devotion.
The responsibilities of a holder of this title vary widely depending on who they are. They may be expected to give counsel to the ruler, to lead a personal army, to maintain peace in a settlement, to be a diplomat between two people... whatever the person was already doing that earned them the title.
The only guaranteed benefit to the holder of this title is the authority to intervene in any dispute of the classes below them. They have the authority to give orders where necessary and maintain order among their people. Still, more often than not, the title is also accompanied by other benefits, such as roles of importance in society, houses, payments, and other material gratifications.
Grounds for Removal/Dismissal
Much as the title is given to anyone in service to the kingdom, it may be stripped if one fails to conduct their duty. Anyone who turns against the King/Queen or engages in any activity considered betrayal will lose their title of knight.
The title of Ser/Lady was created in 307 AE with the foundation of the Kingdom of Archana, with the intent to recognize the deeds of Amice Lionhart, Douglas Devin and others who contributed during the fight for independence of the nation. It was then granted to many others who showed great loyalty to the kingdom, becoming a commonly sought title by the members of the Lionhart family.
Knights are individuals of great prowess, and the people recognize that. When resolving disputes or organizing situations, they rarely need to invoke force, as the Archani have learned to respect anyone who bears the title.
- Amice Lionhart - Founder of the Resistance, who lead the people into a rebellion against the Artalgnian Empire;
- Douglas Devin - Leader of the Silent Blades, a subsect of the Resistance in charge of stealth operations and assassination;
- Cyrus Dunstan - Master engineer and architect, conceived the Diamond Walls, sewer systems, and many other projects;
- Achard Lionhart - Former member of the Council of the Steel Wardens, who lead a last stand against the invading Artalgnian troops in the Battle of the Red Diamond and earned an unlikely victory for Archana;
- Muriel Proulx - Writer and former wizard for the Steel Wardens, one of the few surviving members of the order, with exceptional magical skills and great ease in communicating ideas;
- Dorothy Phadrig - Archmagus of the Arcane Development Program, the greatest authority on magic in Archana.
- Nobility, Honorific / Ceremonial
- In effect
- 307 AE
- Alternative Naming
- Source of Authority
- The King/Queen
- Length of Term
- Lifelong (or until stripped)
- Amice Lionhart
- Current Holders
- Past Holders
- Related Locations
- Related Organizations
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild