Guide to Setting up a Discord Webhook
Do you have a Discord Server? Do you want the people on your server to get the good news when you update your articles? We have a solution built into World Anvil for you!
Creating a Discord Webhook
- Go to your Discord's Server Settings and click on Webhooks link on the left side menu.
- Click on the Create Webhook button in the upper right hand corner.
- Fill in a name for your Webhook and choose the channel you want your Webhook to send updates to. Copy the Webhook URL at the bottom of the popup and click Save.
- Go to your World's Configuration through any of the myriad of paths leading to it.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the Configuration page. Under the Integrations section paste the "Webhook URL" that was previously copied into the Discord Global Updates Webhook field.
- Fill in a name for your Webhook, copy the Webhook URL at the bottom of the popup, and click Save.
Whenever you are editing an article, you will have the option to check or uncheck the Send update to Discord
checkbox. If this checkbox is enabled and you hit the Save changes
button, an update of your article will automatically be sent to the channel your webhook points to.